Kiki Iriafen to USC - Is a Super Team Forming in So Cal? | The Boneyard

Kiki Iriafen to USC - Is a Super Team Forming in So Cal?

Reaction Score
We will see. Like @visitingcock said, on paper, USC looks like a super team, no different than what we saw at Tennessee back in the day and at UConn over the years. The key will be blending that talented roster and getting players to buy into Coach Gottlieb's vision for the program. They will be a force, no doubt.

Reaction Score
The key is how Marshall and Iriafen play together. If they figure it out, it's not going to be easy beating them with Juju and that #1 freshman class backing up the holdovers......of course it depends on how fast the freshmen catch up but there are some in that group who are very highly regarded.

And then there is Talia von Oelhoffen - another transfer - in the backcourt to help run things.

We shall see......how they work it out. Something to watch......more than So. Carolina, I believe.

Stay healthy, UConn! We're gonna have fun watching with lots of suspense.....unshakeable rooting interest for you!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lindsay Gottlieb has sure taken some “good on paper” teams to mediocrity in the past. Geno likes her, so I do too; I hope she leads the Teojans to a good finish next year. Just not TOO good.
Agree. I like her also. Wish her success.

Reaction Score
Lindsay Gottlieb has sure taken some “good on paper” teams to mediocrity in the past. Geno likes her, so I do too; I hope she leads the Teojans to a good finish next year. Just not TOO good.
Do you include last year among those good on paper to mediocrity trips? Elite 8 seems good enough, losing to UConn but maybe you don't consider that team to be "good on paper". If so, good coaching perhaps?

Next year, no doubt about it: they are really good on paper. But healthy, I am rooting for UConn to beat them all and not because of Ms. Chen, despite her qualities. The key is the front court staying healthy to hold its own and the guards will be the difference they should be. Bonus: Paige and Azzi finally playing together a season will be something to behold.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Do you include last year among those good on paper to mediocrity trips? Elite 8 seems good enough, losing to UConn but maybe you don't consider that team to be "good on paper". If so, good coaching perhaps?

Next year, no doubt about it: they are really good on paper. But healthy, I am rooting for UConn to beat them all and not because of Ms. Chen, despite her qualities. The key is the front court staying healthy to hold its own and the guards will be the difference they should be. Bonus: Paige and Azzi finally playing together a season will be something to behold.
I give her props for last year. Let’s see if she can repeat it.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to root for U$C for their role in the eventual breakup of the Pac-12
I logged in just to “like” this. Watkins is a great talent and Iriafen also a terrific player, and I like Gottlieb individually, but I will not be rooting for that school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom