Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

Reaction Score
I will wait until Thursday for confirmation but if Rice does select Stanford, I believe they will have the first ESPN 1 and 2 signed commits since UCONN got Stewart and Jefferson in 2012. However, there’s the possibility the recruit rankings could change after the conclusion of the high school season. There would be no gripe from me if it is Stanford. While I’m not the greatest fanatic of their athletic program, they are on my academic pedestal. I personally would be shocked if Rice chooses UCLA or Arizona. Stranger things have happened though.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking it will be Stanford. The degree is highly valuable, and Tara is probably the second best coach. Plus Stanford needs a PG. They have a clear opening.

Reaction Score
She has several great choices. Whatever she chooses we should wish her luck. It's just basketball folks. She's a great kid. She should do what SHE wants and Paige knows that and I'm sure supports that. My bet is they are good friends. It's interesting that Kiki grew up competing in the same area as Azzi. One would think they would know each other. Stanford is a terrific school but it's also a basketball machine. You are mainly a cog in that machine. At Uconn everyone is a star. Tough call.

Reaction Score
Maybe Paige is just being supportive. Maybe Paige is just encouraging her to follow her own vision. She should. When you are an ivy league level kid there is tremendous pressure to go to the top school ( one of my kids had to pick between Stanford and Harvard ). Of course the parents want a place like Stanford but "the fit" is the best option. Where will she be happy? A kid like Kiki has tremendous pressure to pick Stanford in this situation. Someone had a great point though. The grad school picked is even more important. She could have the best of both worlds and be a top student at Uconn and get the benefits of a better basketball environment IMO and then go to Stanford or somewhere else for grad school. She has the pedigree already in getting the offer. The world is her oyster. She needs to take charge and guide the ship. She's grown up. It's her choice. She really can't lose with either Stanford or Uconn but she does gain some positive things at Uconn with a lot more exposure and a better basketball development environment. Stanford plays wave after wave of players and it's tough for a top player to get the development she would get at Uconn. School is more demanding as well. It's tough to be "great" at more than one thing at the same time. She could make more money at Uconn as it seems every player is getting an agent. There is tremendous basketball support for players at Uconn. The facilities are great. The tradition is great. The coaching is great. If she wants the strongest WNBA profile it is more likely to be developed at Uconn. The New York media market. The kids look like they are a lot of fun. It's a family anyone would want to join.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She really can't lose with either Stanford or Uconn but she does gain some positive things at Uconn with a lot more exposure and a better basketball development environment. Stanford plays wave after wave of players and it's tough for a top player to get the development she would get at Uconn.
Wait a minute. With the talent UConn has been accumulating, either they are going to have to play wave after wave of players...or some of those really talented players are going to be planted on the bench. Can't have it both ways here.

Reaction Score
I think Kiki can make more money at Stanford.All the startups in Silicon Valley.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is this your way of saying that Geno has not been contacted or notified?;)
I remain an unapologetic optimist when it comes to Susan Rice’s talented, basketball playing niece’s college choice. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Kiki can make more money at Stanford.All the startups in Silicon Valley.
Are you suggesting that KiKi should skip following her dream to play in the pros and go to work for a Silicon Valley startup?

Reaction Score
She has several great choices. Whatever she chooses we should wish her luck. It's just basketball folks. She's a great kid. She should do what SHE wants and Paige knows that and I'm sure supports that. My bet is they are good friends. It's interesting that Kiki grew up competing in the same area as Azzi. One would think they would know each other. Stanford is a terrific school but it's also a basketball machine. You are mainly a cog in that machine. At Uconn everyone is a star. Tough call.
Basketball machines win more than one NC in 29 years. And no, everyone is not a star at UConn. In any given year more than half the roster are not stars. HS doesn’t count in D1 WBB until you earn it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There are 4 letters in Kiki. She will decide on the 4th. There are 4 letters is Rice. I have 4 sisters but none named (Conn)ie. There are 4 letters in Duke. My first dogs name was Duke and he had 4 legs. Now if you read this upside down and backwards, it’s obvious where Kiki will play here college ball. After all Paige did say “you know where to go” Does that give y’all a “feeling”?
Yea, I'm getting a @DavidinNaples vibe. :cool:

Reaction Score
Basketball machines win more than one NC in 29 years. And no, everyone is not a star at UConn. In any given year more than half the roster are not stars. HS doesn’t count in D1 WBB until you earn it.
At Uconn the TEAM is the star and every player knows it. Look at the cred players get even being the 3rd or 4th players off the bench. As far as Stanford being a machine I meant Tara throws waves of players at you. She plays everyone and it may even stifle some players. Cameron Brink as an example. One would think she would get more PT in almost any other program.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Talking about stars, does anyone know if the star on the back of their uniforms means anything? BTW, can someone call Geno and let us know KiKis' decision? I can't wait until tomorrow night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom