Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
KK

But I also want to give it to Nika for one play in Q4 when she got knocked to the ground fighting for a loose ball, scrambled to her feet, grabbed the ball, and raced down for a bucket. That’s the definition of a badass!!

Reaction Score
KK

But I also want to give it to Nika for one play in Q4 when she got knocked to the ground fighting for a loose ball, scrambled to her feet, grabbed the ball, and raced down for a bucket. That’s the definition of a badass!!
Totally agree. Nika putting her body on the line in the 4th and up by 25 diving for a loose ball. Now that’s UConn ball !

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nika, she went 3-5, 2-3 from 3 for 8 pts, had 2 rbds, 7 assists, a steal without fouling, in 34 minutes of playing. She should have had at least 12 assists if her teammates would have made their bunnies.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Tonight I'm going with KK.

Now that the regular season is over going forward I'll not limit myself to just the underclassmen. :)

Reaction Score
How strange that you guys want to give it to anyone other than Paige, and I want to give it to Paige. Normally, giving it to Paige seems like “coals to Newcastle.” But other than all of Aaliyah’s steals — of which there were many — the primary badass moment came when Paige got called for a foul in the 2nd that she didn’t deserve. She got pissed and reeled off a bunch of buckets. That was definitely badass. The game was over. That was Paige slamming the door.

I get why she was pissed. The last several games opponents have gotten “physical.” This really means lots of holding cutters, bumping on rebounds, slapping and scratching at ball handlers. That’s annoying basketball and it pisses me off that the ncaa won’t do anything to address it.

Reaction Score
KK had a very good game. Nika had a badass game. The defensive crouch, maybe with a little bit of a snarl. Gotta love it.

What can you say about Paige? A badass herself for coming back after going down. How many of us held our collective breaths while Paige was down? How many carefully studied her as she limped to the bench? How many breathed a sigh of relief when she got back in the game? (Answer: all of us.)

Reaction Score
How strange that you guys want to give it to anyone other than Paige, and I want to give it to Paige. Normally, giving it to Paige seems like “coals to Newcastle.” But other than all of Aaliyah’s steals — of which there were many — the primary badass moment came when Paige got called for a foul in the 2nd that she didn’t deserve. She got pissed and reeled off a bunch of buckets. That was definitely badass. The game was over. That was Paige slamming the door.

I get why she was pissed. The last several games opponents have gotten “physical.” This really means lots of holding cutters, bumping on rebounds, slapping and scratching at ball handlers. That’s annoying basketball and it pisses me off that the ncaa won’t do anything to address it.
Deferring for now the discussion around "physical", this was a teachable moment. I'm pretty sure that Geno or CD will point to that and say "you've shown us how you can slam the door when pissed, so why aren't you playing with that intensity the rest of the time you're out there?'

Reaction Score
Deferring for now the discussion around "physical", this was a teachable moment. I'm pretty sure that Geno or CD will point to that and say "you've shown us how you can slam the door when pissed, so why aren't you playing with that intensity the rest of the time you're out there?'
Adrenaline isn't something you can turn on and off at will, and it wouldn't be healthy all the time anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom