Kia Nurse - We Appreciate All That You Do for US | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse - We Appreciate All That You Do for US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brianna Steward receives most of the attention that is focused on UCONN Woman's Basketball, as well she should. Moriah Jefferson is the spark plug that runs this finely tuned machine and a complete fan favorite. Lou is now the fan’s, soon-to-be, next super star. Gabby and Napheesa are constantly receiving more and more fan support and acknowledgement of their increasing excellence on the court, and the high expectations for them next year Not enough good can be said about Morgan Tuck. A girl who has never played a day of college basketball (Crystal Dangerfield) is being herald as the next Moriah Jefferson and has the home base salivating at the thought. Some predict she will be starting really, really soon, next season. All this praise.

I am talking fan support here. Lots of praise for everyone, except, for Kia Nurse. Next year, Kia, becomes the hart and soul of this team. It will be Kia Nurse, on the horse, sword fully extended, leading the charge of the UCONN Huskies into battle. It is Kia Nurse who exemplifies the very essence of what coach Auriemma wants in a player - she is relentless, has no fear, always plays at 100% energy level, is very intelligent, and reacts very quick mentally to the flow of the game. She impacts the game in ways not obvious to many who look, but cannot see. However, the coaches SEE - they know how valuable she is to their success now and in the future.

We should really appreciate Kia more then we do.

Reaction Score
I agree, this board has been unjustifiably tough on Kia this year. Just because she's a star and not a super star (yet).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Brianna Steward receives most of the attention that is focused on UCONN Woman's Basketball, as well she should. Moriah Jefferson is the spark plug that runs this finely tuned machine and a complete fan favorite. Lou is now the fan’s, soon-to-be, next super star. Gabby and Napheesa are constantly receiving more and more fan support and acknowledgement of their increasing excellence on the court, and the high expectations for them next year Not enough good can be said about Morgan Tuck. A girl who has never played a day of college basketball (Crystal Dangerfield) is being herald as the next Moriah Jefferson and has the home base salivating at the thought. Some predict she will be starting really, really soon, next season. All this praise.

I am talking fan support here. Lots of praise for everyone, except, for Kia Nurse. Next year, Kia, becomes the hart and soul of this team. It will be Kia Nurse, on the horse, sword fully extended, leading the charge of the UCONN Huskies into battle. It is Kia Nurse who exemplifies the very essence of what coach Auriemma wants in a player - she is relentless, has no fear, always plays at 100% energy level, is very intelligent, and reacts very quick mentally to the flow of the game. She impacts the game in ways not obvious to many who look, but cannot see. However, the coaches SEE - they know how valuable she is to their success now and in the future.

Problem is that some fans have yet to forgive her for the Pan Am games! :cool::)

Reaction Score
Yeah, weird. Some posters were quick to batter her when she was struggling during the regular season, suggesting she be replaced in the starting lineup. I thought maybe they were Saniya fans who never quite got over Kia's taking her starting role last year. And there were others this year who thought KLS should start in her place. I always wondered what they were seeing that I wasn't. Kia's contributions to the team get routinely overlooked or simply ignored by some posters who recognize only offensive production. Maybe it is a Pan Am thing. In any event, I agree she will be the heart and soul of the team next year unless Tuck returns. KLS was great yesterday. I wonder how many of Kia's six assists found their way into her hands? Let's see what happens as the tournament competition gets tougher and perhaps more physical.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think she's the baddest badass on the team. Maybe second to Moriah. Maybe I don't fully understand the definition.

Her brother is an enforcer in the National Hockey League. She's probably got some of the same genes.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yeah, weird. Some posters were quick to batter her when she was struggling during the regular season, suggesting she be replaced in the starting lineup. I thought maybe they were Saniya fans who never quite got over Kia's taking her starting role last year. And there were others this year who thought KLS should start in her place. I always wondered what they were seeing that I wasn't. Kia's contributions to the team get routinely overlooked or simply ignored by some posters who recognize only offensive production. Maybe it is a Pan Am thing. In any event, I agree she will be the heart and soul of the team next year unless Tuck returns. KLS was great yesterday. I wonder how many of Kia's six assists found their way into her hands? Let's see what happens as the tournament competition gets tougher and perhaps more physical.
I think most of that was from a troll.
Don't think so. Not many UConn fans are going to hold that against her. Maybe you're joking?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia had a couple of games when she shot poorly and another couple when she was too aggressive and got called for some charges. As Geno points out, shooting poorly and playing poorly are different things. There is a reason why Kia Nurse has never lost a UConn game as a starter. I always like her defense, and I like her offense when it has some variety to it, but keep shooting those threes when you are open!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Who is Brianna Steward?

Reaction Score
Nurse played really well in the first round game and she now has a confidence in her shot that was lacking for a large part of the season. If she can continue to shoot the ball with confidence during the tournament then UConn is virtually unstoppable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom