Keys to tonight's OSU game | The Boneyard

Keys to tonight's OSU game

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Somewhat --- Mo and Kia's perimeter D on Kelsey Mitchell
More so ----- How well the rest of the D helps when Mitchell and other do get into lane

Somewhat --- How well Gabby can score from 10-15 ft if the defense gives her that shot
More so ----- How well Gabby can help us control the boards (the more we run, the better)

Somewhat --- What our bench can contribute
More so ----- Whether or not at least 2 of our starters can be proficient from outside (15+ feet and 3 pointers). Our difficulties usually arise when defenses pack it in to reduce our movement and we don't make them pay

Your keys? :cool:

ferrari keys.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My keys with the Huskies are always injury, illness, and foul trouble. We rarely lose when at full strength.

I also echo what Alex said in another thread and I added to. If the team has forged their identity and are listening to the coaches--unlike early last year--they will not be surprised. Moriah, Stewie, and Morgan will keep them focused and in Wrath of God mode.

In terms of style of play, pound the ball inside for high percentage shots and force OSU to take the shots we want, not the ones they want. Guard Mitchell and Alston to 25'. Bring in the subs and run the hell out of OSU. Fatigue will take a toll by the second half.

Reaction Score
Ayuh-MilfordHusky nailed it!!! However, I will still add that Mitchell was IMPRESSIVE vs. SC, but they only have one Mitchell and basketball is still a team sport. I look for our D to be stifling forcing THE Ohio State to take a lot of tough shots. Regardless of what Mitchell puts up on the board, the only board that matters will show UConn up at least 15 by the final buzzer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom