Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wake me when they restore our right to the 2013 NCAA tourney ...M-f'ers.

I agree. It's nice to see all of these corrupt programs get a clean slate (or in the case of FSU, not be prosecuted to begin with), but what about us?? I guess that a few players leaving early for the NBA is much more damaging to the NCAA "code" than covering up child rape, covering up rape by your star QB, faking a complete set of classes, and covering up failed drug tests so a few players can play (and lose) in the NCAA Tournament. It's a good thing that Oklahoma State football showed everyone the bullspit playbook how to dodge the big bad APR police in the future, but it's too bad we didn't have that playbook a few years ago.

One too many 10 second congratulatory phone calls to an excited 12 year old and we're on Emmert's sh1tlist forever.

Reaction Score
I agree. It's nice to see all of these corrupt programs get a clean slate (or in the case of FSU, not be prosecuted to begin with), but what about us?? I guess that a few players leaving early for the NBA is much more damaging to the NCAA "code" than covering up child rape, covering up rape by your star QB, faking a complete set of classes, and covering up failed drug tests so a few players can play (and lose) in the NCAA Tournament. It's a good thing that Oklahoma State football showed everyone the bullspit playbook how to dodge the big bad APR police in the future, but it's too bad we didn't have that playbook a few years ago.

One too many 10 second congratulatory phone calls to an excited 12 year old and we're on Emmert's sh1tlist forever.

I think Emmert's deep animosity towards UConn has more to do with the fact that Connecticut had the 'nerve' to call a spade a spade with respect to his mishandling of UConn 2000 than anything else.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dent-emmert-previous-cases-uconn-lsu/2047607/

Oddly enough, on his 'official' resume on the NCAA website, UConn 2000 is not noted as one of his accomplishments while at UConn. He must have spent a lot of effort trying to sweep that giant pile of steaming turd under the rug.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/MAE.pdf

I did not know he was a grad student at Syracuse in the late '70's and early80's. Chances he recuses himself from that investigation?

And I am sure that after the Nate Miles fiasco when Calhoun had the nerve to win yet another NCAA Men's Basketball Championship right after did not help. Going after UConn for calling Mo'ne Davis showed the world how petty the guy is.

Reaction Score
Rachel M. Siegal @ESPNRachel · 5h 5 hours ago
#2 @UConnWBB vs #1 @GamecockWBB had 0.8 overnight rating for highest reg-season wbb game on ESPN2 since 12/30/10 (UConn/Stanford,1.5)

Top markets for #2 UConn vs. #1 USC: Hartford/New Haven (12.5); Greenville (3.4); Knoxville (3.4), Dayton (1.8), Louisville & Memphis (1.6)

Greenville’s 3.4 metered market average is the highest overnight for this market for a reg-season wbb game across at nets. @GamecockWBB

Rachel M. Siegal
@ESPNRachel
Rachel Margolis Siegal, Manager, College Sports at ESPN, Inc.

Reaction Score
#2 @UConnWBB vs #1 @GamecockWBB had 0.8 overnight rating for highest reg-season wbb game on ESPN2 since 12/30/10 (UConn/Stanford,1.5)

Top markets for #2 UConn vs. #1 USC: Hartford/New Haven (12.5); Greenville (3.4); Knoxville (3.4), Dayton (1.8), Louisville & Memphis (1.6)

Greenville’s 3.4 metered market average is the highest overnight for this market for a reg-season wbb game across at nets. @GamecockWBB

Rachel M. Siegal
@ESPNRachel
Rachel Margolis Siegal, Manager, College Sports at ESPN, Inc.
ANY CONFERENCE LOOKING FOR WINTER PROGRAMMING FOR THEIR NETWORK?? Any??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't want this to sound like me coming off as a jerk (because I root for the women's team, just like any other UConn team) but when a #1 vs #2 matchup gets a .8 and it's celebrated, that's how little women's bball pushes the television needle.

I guess but still @ .8 more than the Big East is getting on Fox Sports so there's that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I wish that the NBA and NCAA would institute the college baseball model, which would give the athletes the opportunity to A) sign out of high school and go to the pros immediately or B) commit to college for at least three years. The AAU system has stunted the growth of young basketball players in our country, which has had a negative impact on the quality of the men's game.

That would kill college basketball as we know it.

A) sign out of high school and go to the pros immediately

They had that and one of two things happened. High school players who weren't even remotely ready declared, didn't get drafted, and then ruined their chance to play in college. Or the player got drafted and developed in the pros on the NBA's dime. Only the marginal players didn't paly regularly and didn't develop. The NBA instituted the one-year-out-of-High-School rule (It's not an NCAA rule) because it is a business and there is a low cost/benefit to pay a marginal 18 year old player $millions to sit on the bench.

B) commit to college for at least three years.
The good players will try their hand at playing overseas for a year or two and then declare for the draft as a foreign veteran.

CL82

Reaction Score
That would kill college basketball as we know it.

A) sign out of high school and go to the pros immediately

They had that and one of two things happened. High school players who weren't even remotely ready declared, didn't get drafted, and then ruined their chance to play in college. Or the player got drafted and developed in the pros on the NBA's dime. Only the marginal players didn't paly regularly and didn't develop. The NBA instituted the one-year-out-of-High-School rule (It's not an NCAA rule) because it is a business and there is a low cost/benefit to pay a marginal 18 year old player $millions to sit on the bench.

B) commit to college for at least three years.
The good players will try their hand at playing overseas for a year or two and then declare for the draft as a foreign veteran.
Maybe Husky, but there would be continuity and development of the kids who went to college. That mean better team chemistry as players would be playing together for years and undercuts Kentucky's current model. All of that improves the game from my perspective. On the other hand, it is sort of the mid-major model.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Maybe Husky, but there would be continuity and development of the kids who went to college. That mean better team chemistry as players would be playing together for years and undercuts Kentucky's current model. All of that improves the game from my perspective. On the other hand, it is sort of the mid-major model.
The best high school players wouldn't take the college step. Hockey and Baseball LARGELY already follow this model, and 1) they aren't considered revenue generating, and 2) there is little comparative interest at the college level and/or the sports' farm leagues. There is no way that CBS would pay $9 Billion over 10 years for the basketball Tournament if the best comparable talent is spread over the NBDL, NBA, and EurAsia. It's an inferior product.

CL82

Reaction Score
The best high school players wouldn't take the college step. Hockey and Baseball LARGELY already follow this model, and 1) they aren't considered revenue generating, and 2) there is little comparative interest at the college level and/or the sports' farm leagues. There is no way that CBS would pay $9 Billion over 10 years for the basketball Tournament if the best comparable talent is spread over the NBDL, NBA, and EurAsia. It's an inferior product.
Disagree. The charm of the basketball NCAA tourney is that these are amateur student athletes completing, not that they are the best available athletes. College basketball has a decent subset that doesn't watch the NBA all that much.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Disagree. The charm of the basketball NCAA tourney is that these are amateur student athletes completing, not that they are the best available athletes. College basketball has a decent subset that doesn't watch the NBA all that much.
The charm for you the spectator are the amateur athletes competing. The best have different motives and typically want to keep their options open. We see it every April. Holding them in college for three years runs counter to keeping their options open. In general, the Ryan Boatrights of the world either have a physical flaw, (e.g. not tall enough), flaw in their game (e.g. need to consistently demonstrate leadership qualities) or are outliers.

Just one man's (possibly jaded) opinion.

CL82

Reaction Score
The charm for you the spectator are the amateur athletes competing. The best have different motives and typically want to keep their options open. We see it every April. Holding them in college for three years runs counter to keeping their options open. In general, the Ryan Boatrights of the world either have a physical flaw, (e.g. not tall enough), flaw in their game (e.g. need to consistently demonstrate leadership qualities) or are outliers.

Just one man's (possibly jaded) opinion.
I don't really disagree, except that I think the end product would still be viable.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Where is conspiracy kitty to tie this news with the secondhand news from earlier in the week? Uconn and Cincy to the SEC is the only plausible scenario I can come up with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom