Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 840 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
People aren't trolls because they disagree with you. You said something quite outrageous. For instance the idea that the schools retroactively owe money to players. They don't. If they do there is no limiting factor. Should a lineman from 1972 get his money not given to him?

He is something else. His posts are usually way out there and then his interpretations of other people's posts are unreal. He talks down to multiple posters on here about what they post, and I never interpret the posts in the negative manner he does. He seems to be the "world is out to get me" type, and I couldn't imagine living life like that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People aren't trolls because they disagree with you. You said something quite outrageous. For instance the idea that the schools retroactively owe money to players. They don't. If they do there is no limiting factor. Should a lineman from 1972 get his money not given to him?

I am not the one saying there are damages, the parties to the lawsuit are saying that. Read the article, and if you still disagree, take it up with the courts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He is something else. His posts are usually way out there and then his interpretations of other people's posts are unreal. He talks down to multiple posters on here about what they post, and I never interpret the posts in the negative manner he does. He seems to be the "world is out to get me" type, and I couldn't imagine living life like that.

You are a non-UConn fan that makes a lot of anti-UConn posts on a UConn message board. That makes you a troll.

Reaction Score
I am not the one saying there are damages, the parties to the lawsuit are saying that. Read the article, and if you still disagree, take it up with the courts.
What's your favorite episode of Ally McBeal?

Reaction Score
Interesting article. Found this the most interesting:

"Nick Carparelli, executive director of Bowl Season, told ESPN at the Fiesta Bowl Spring Summit this week that his understanding from speaking with conference commissioners and NCAA president Charlie Baker is that NIL collectives are destined to be brought in-house and there have been discussions about contracts in exchange for NIL payments."

Probably best case scenario for UConn if NIL comes in house and is part of the revenue share. Also the fact that people are just now beginning to talk about NIL payments in exchange for bowl participation shows how out of touch those in charge have been

Reaction Score
Interesting article. Found this the most interesting:

"Nick Carparelli, executive director of Bowl Season, told ESPN at the Fiesta Bowl Spring Summit this week that his understanding from speaking with conference commissioners and NCAA president Charlie Baker is that NIL collectives are destined to be brought in-house and there have been discussions about contracts in exchange for NIL payments."

Probably best case scenario for UConn if NIL comes in house and is part of the revenue share. Also the fact that people are just now beginning to talk about NIL payments in exchange for bowl participation shows how out of touch those in charge have been
the ultimate problem NIL payments to some degree will always sit outside of the school. The difference is that the school would then have an official pot and an unofficial pot because you can never regulate what outsiders will do.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

UConn and the Big East need to opt in. The schools won’t need to add 30 million to their budgets though. That number is a cap; not a floor. I expect all Big East schools to revenue share with their M/W basketball players. I think UConn will revenue share with football players, M/W basketball players and maybe a few other sports.

This legislation likely means our baseball and soccer programs won’t be able to compete.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn and the Big East need to opt in. The schools won’t need to add 30 million to their budgets though. That number is a cap; not a floor. I expect all Big East schools to revenue share with their M/W basketball players. I think UConn will revenue share with football players, M/W basketball players and maybe a few other sports.

This legislation likely means our baseball and soccer programs won’t be able to compete.
What revenue can they share with FB players? The program loses money.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
This opens up a serious discussion on the future of our athletic department. I believe M/W basketball will be fine, and I think football will eventually end up in the ACC, but will we keep baseball and soccer when we can no longer compete or will we just fund the minimum number of scholarships and focus on basketball and football?

Reaction Score
This opens up a serious discussion on the future of our athletic department. I believe M/W basketball will be fine, and I think football will eventually end up in the ACC, but will we keep baseball and soccer when we can no longer compete or will we just fund the minimum number of scholarships and focus on basketball and football?
Unless there's a shift in Title IX, I think our non-revenue sports continue as they are for as long as possible. Hundreds of millions have been dumped into facilities within the last decade, don't think we want to close up shop if we can possibly avoid it. UConn/The Big East is going to be on the cusp of a very very ugly dividing line of college sports. "Division 1" aka the top division is about to go from 360 schools to under 100 with the bare minimum in terms of non-revenue teams. It will be interesting to see if the NCAA changes the "number of sponsored sports" requirements

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Unless there's a shift in Title IX, I think our non-revenue sports continue as they are for as long as possible. Hundreds of millions have been dumped into facilities within the last decade, don't think we want to close up shop if we can possibly avoid it. UConn/The Big East is going to be on the cusp of a very very ugly dividing line of college sports. "Division 1" aka the top division is about to go from 360 schools to under 100 with the bare minimum in terms of non-revenue teams. It will be interesting to see if the NCAA changes the "number of sponsored sports" requirements
I could see the major schools proposing a plan like this: you only need to have 3 men's sports and an equivalent number of female scholarships but you must fund all the sports to the max in terms of scholarships to remain Division 1.

Reaction Score
I could see the major schools proposing a plan like this: you only need to have 3 men's sports and an equivalent number of female scholarships but you must fund all the sports to the max in terms of scholarships to remain Division 1.
The bigger issue will be in NIL money spending. There will be title IX lawsuits over the amounts spent by gender for sure.

Reaction Score
I'm still hazy over who controls and disburses NIL $$. If it is outside the University, Title IX shouldn't apply like in the Business world. If the University administers NIL, there will be Title IX ramifications.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom