Kevin McGuff OSU Press Conference | The Boneyard

Kevin McGuff OSU Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not me, last year they started 4 guards, even when Cooper was added. I assume Cooper will start this year and they will have more size. Their defense needs to improve a lot and the AAU shot selection too.

Holland is the wild card, if she can stay healthy and be another scorer they will be good. But not a final four contender until next year, when they add Mavunga and Calhoun.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
They won't go to the FF, because on that team Defense is an option, not a priority. They can score with anyone, but they remind you of the Harlem Globetrotters, Highlight Reel Offense, with Mitchell, Alston, Cooper, and Hart but no one on that team is interested on playing any D. They want to run down to the Offensive end and shoot 3's. Until McGuff makes a commitment to D, they'll be fun to watch but not a championship contender.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They won't go to the FF, because on that team Defense is an option, not a priority. They can score with anyone, but they remind you of the Harlem Globetrotters, Highlight Reel Offense, with Mitchell, Alston, Cooper, and Hart but no one on that team is interested on playing any D. They want to run down to the Offensive end and shoot 3's. Until McGuff makes a commitment to D, they'll be fun to watch but not a championship contender.
I agree and it is a darn shame. Hart has all the tools to be a great low post defender but is never asked to put in any effort on that end of the court. Cooper was a much more committed defender while at Georgetown- so committed in fact that she once famously threw her shoe in an attempt to block a shot.

The other elephant in the room is Mitchell's Dad on the coaching staff green lighting every shot his daughter throws up-even the shots from the parking lot.

FYI that's UCONN's natalie Butler 51 tipping the ball to the GT guard.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I agree and it is a darn shame. Hart has all the tools to be a great low post defender but is never asked to put in any effort on that end of the court. Cooper was a much more committed defender while at Georgetown- so committed in fact that she once famously threw her shoe in an attempt to block a shot.

The other elephant in the room is Mitchell's Dad on the coaching staff green lighting every shot his daughter throws up-even the shots from the parking lot.

FYI that's UCONN's natalie Butler 51 tipping the ball to the GT guard.

KMitch's shot attempts will be down this year because they'll be a lot heathier, remember they had to bring Amy Scullion back from Med School to have enough bodies to practice and play last year. Kalpana Beach, Chelsea Mitchell, Makayla Waterman, and Kianna Holland will all be back this season at some point albeit all coming off of ACL surgery. This will give them the depth they didn't have last season and maybe improve the effort on D, but will KMitch adjust to having more scoring on the floor? How will she respond reduced shot attempts? Can they stay healthy? I don't believe Marc Mitchell is a factor at all, he did what he was brought to the program to do, they got everybody in Ohio except Westbeld and from what I understand she was a long-shot anyway because McGuff's run-and-gun style didn't fit her strengths. She always felt ND was the place for her and she was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom