Kentuckys first night | The Boneyard

Kentuckys first night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just tuned in in the middle of their schrimage so not sure about before the game but ...their crowd is really subdued compared to ours kentuckys fans were quieter than a xl center game against a cupcake and up by 30.

Reaction Score
When I was out there 2 weeks ago they had over 800 tents camped out around Memorial Colosseum for a week waiting for tickets. I'm surprised the students were so mellow.

Reaction Score
When I was out there 2 weeks ago they had over 800 tents camped out around Memorial Colosseum for a week waiting for tickets. I'm surprised the students were so mellow.
I think the whole idea of campin out in a tent has a novelty and a lot of people are sheep.

Reaction Score
I agree, so did my daughter. She rolled the posters they were handing out the night before and got great seats out of it.

Reaction Score
I saw a recap of the beginning with calipari speaking. They were loud for that part, not much louder than us but they were louder. Calipari is long winded speaking in front of a podium with his speach which 90% of it was im sure a sales pitch to the recruits he had there that night and the other 10% was almost begging his players to play as a team.

Reaction Score
His "formal" looking speech in front of the podium is all you need to know about him - he wants it to be about HIM. Unlike Geno and KO walking around center court, without a sport coat on and just haing fun.

Cal is a and that will never change!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I thought the speech was alright, just trying to figure out why he grew an odd looking mustache.

images

Reaction Score
I saw a recap of the beginning with calipari speaking. They were loud for that part, not much louder than us but they were louder. Calipari is long winded speaking in front of a podium with his speach which 90% of it was im sure a sales pitch to the recruits he had there that night and the other 10% was almost begging his players to play as a team.

During Calimari's speech, he sold 6 used cars, 5 of which later turned out to be lemons.... But hey, that's good Ole Cal, forever the used car salesman. He'll say anything to get you to buy in.

Reaction Score
His speech was so obnoxious. I never realized how much I hated him until last night. He used a damn telepromter. A college coach used a teleporter for his speech. I truly cannot figure out what is appealing about him to recruits.

Sometimes people mistake arrogance, vanity and agression for superiority. And think that the individuals apparent superiority over the competition will shield them with security so they take their side.

Since someone posted it already, Hitler was a but people liked him too. People cling to comfort. Especially if guaranteed prosperity after tough situations.

Yes I'm comparing Hitler to Calipari. And no I don't care if that's outrageously overboard. If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat. Its a rat. I have no sympathy for him.

Its precisely the ppl who are too afraid to express their intuition that allow those kind of ppl to rise to the top. Bob Knight knows what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom