Kentucky vs Tennessee on ESPN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kentucky vs Tennessee on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
No hat, first time I've seen her without a hat.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wow. Is that realistic, arrogant, living in the past, or something else? The LV don't play zone? If the situation calls for it, then I would say ok. But then, to dismiss SC at the end, as if to say, this should still be a gimme game as we are the LVs, then I'm shaking my head. There will be some day, in some conference, where another team challenges UConn, and although I know we all don't like it, we know it's good for the game. Even Geno said something a while back regarding either Rutgers or ND and competition.
nah she's talking about in the past, SC was never a threat almost like UConn/Cincy... I agree, even tho when KBone was there they were making noise. If SC beats Tennessee I think Wilson will really be looking very hard at them

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Margo's short take on the loss to Kentucky. Lack of Defense.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
IMO Kara Lawson was the last steady eddy guard Tenn recruited and enjoyed for 4 years (meaning I am discounting the JUCO guard recruited out of desperation). The very fact that Meghan Simmons starts for Tenn says a lot. She has remained the same rambling wreck for 4 seasons. It is very hard to figure out what kind of offense UT is striving for. This season they are living with the disorganization they seem to have built into the program for what?? 6 years?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Wow. Is that realistic, arrogant, living in the past, or something else? The LV don't play zone? If the situation calls for it, then I would say ok. But then, to dismiss SC at the end, as if to say, this should still be a gimme game as we are the LVs, then I'm shaking my head. There will be some day, in some conference, where another team challenges UConn, and although I know we all don't like it, we know it's good for the game. Even Geno said something a while back regarding either Rutgers or ND and competition.
I know; she got me so riled up I may need to drive up to Knoxville for that game on the 2nd.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wow... Maybe, just maybe they've gotten better and THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE LADY VOLS haven't? Is that a possibility? :rolleyes:

U

UCONNfan1

"Zone defense not the Tennessee way"? Really? I think you play defense based on your strengths, weaknesses, and what the coaches teach. "Zone at University of Tennessee not needed"? Really? If your team is in foul trouble, or you are trying to protect a player, or are playing a more athletic team, or want to clog up the middle, or whatever, I think the zone has a purpose. Just look at the Syracuse men. They almost always play zone.

"Trust the process, and if we even think we want to get past the elite 8, MAN UP..." Ok... but it's not about the past. You can't just say "play harder"... "rebound better"... "score more"... whatever. It comes from practice every day and development of players and the entire team.

But I didn't think she took a shot at SC. Just simply said something like "can you even remember a time where you had to worry about South Carolina"? I don't think historically SC was a team that ever challenged Tennessee, but I don't know how good SC was before Staley got there...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
"Zone defense not the Tennessee way"? Really? I think you play defense based on your strengths, weaknesses, and what the coaches teach. "Zone at University of Tennessee not needed"? Really? If your team is in foul trouble, or you are trying to protect a player, or are playing a more athletic team, or want to clog up the middle, or whatever, I think the zone has a purpose. Just look at the Syracuse men. They almost always play zone.

"Trust the process, and if we even think we want to get past the elite 8, MAN UP..." Ok... but it's not about the past. You can't just say "play harder"... "rebound better"... "score more"... whatever. It comes from practice every day and development of players and the entire team.

But I didn't think she took a shot at SC. Just simply said something like "can you even remember a time where you had to worry about South Carolina"? I don't think historically SC was a team that ever challenged Tennessee, but I don't know how good SC was before Staley got there...

South Carolina has had their moments in women's basketball. We went to the AIAW Final Four in 1981, I think it was, we won a number of Metro Conference Championships in the 80's and early 90's and had some good teams in the early 2000's, including a trip to the Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen. We have not been as good as we are about to be, with Dawn Staley, in the coming years. I'm really excited about the home and home series we've got with you guys in the next two years. I hope it becomes an annual event. I love New England and never mind an excuse for a road trip.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
South Carolina has had their moments in women's basketball. We went to the AIAW Final Four in 1981, I think it was, we won a number of Metro Conference Championships in the 80's and early 90's and had some good teams in the early 2000's, including a trip to the Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen. We have not been as good as we are about to be, with Dawn Staley, in the coming years. I'm really excited about the home and home series we've got with you guys in the next two years. I hope it becomes an annual event. I love New England and never mind an excuse for a road trip.

I was there when South Carolina faced off vs Duke in the 2002 Regional Final in Raleigh. From what I remember, it was a close game until the final few minutes. I think that earlier in that year you guys came up to Durham and handed us a rare home defeat. Hadnt heard much from ur program after that until 2012.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was there when South Carolina faced off vs Duke in the 2002 Regional Final in Raleigh. From what I remember, it was a close game until the final few minutes. I think that earlier in that year you guys came up to Durham and handed us a rare home defeat. Hadnt heard much from ur program after that until 2012.
I was at that Regional, also. In the Elite 8 round, you guys built up a 15 point or so, lead, against us and we came back in the 2nd half to take the lead, but then you put it away down the stretch. We were good one more year after that and then Susan Walvius made some weird decisions, like moving our outstanding point guard to center. I still haven't forgiven her for that "wtf" move. Well, Susan is now selling performance sheets and I absolutely love Dawn Staley as our head coach. She has a cracker jack staff, too. Back to Tennessee; it is very difficult to follow a legend, and Holly Warlick has had to follow the only coach the Lady Vols had known in the modern era. IF Tennessee isn't patient and they get rid of Holly, I predict they will go down in flames as a program. If Holly is smart, and she has a staff opening, she needs to get Tyler Summitt on her staff.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I was at that Regional, also. In the Elite 8 round, you guys built up a 15 point or so, lead, against us and we came back in the 2nd half to take the lead, but then you put it away down the stretch. We were good one more year after that and then Susan Walvius made some weird decisions, like moving our outstanding point guard to center. I still haven't forgiven her for that "wtf" move. Well, Susan is now selling performance sheets and I absolutely love Dawn Staley as our head coach. She has a cracker jack staff, too. Back to Tennessee; it is very difficult to follow a legend, and Holly Warlick has had to follow the only coach the Lady Vols had known in the modern era. IF Tennessee isn't patient and they get rid of Holly, I predict they will go down in flames as a program. If Holly is smart, and she has a staff opening, she needs to get Tyler Summitt on her staff.

I was just going to tell you and the ACC fan to get a room. And with your program neck and neck for the verbal of Wilson, I was going to tell you to stick it.

But your Tennessee comment about going down in flames just warmed my heart.

Welcome to the board and kick some orange butt.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was just going to tell you and the ACC fan to get a room. And with your program neck and neck for the verbal of Wilson, I was going to tell you to stick it.

But your Tennessee comment about going down in flames just warmed my heart.

Welcome to the board and kick some orange butt.
Roflol; I have a UCONN grad in my family and I love New England, so can I stick around?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Roflol; I have a UCONN grad in my family and I love New England, so can I stick around?
doggydaddy can be cranky early in the morning or late at night so please excuse his late-night lack of hospitality.

Now that I think of it, he can be cranky at lunch time, too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm really excited about the home and home series we've got with you guys in the next two years. I hope it becomes an annual event. I love New England and never mind an excuse for a road trip.
Careful what you wish for....

(that's my husband after last winter's February blizzard)

Feb 8, 2013 Blizzard 021.JPG

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn once again is not a top 10 team. To many teams have passed them out in the standings. LV fans are remembering the glory days of Tenn being top 2. Now its a struggle for them to face the fact that they not a top 10 team. The talent is there. The discipline isn't. The fundamentals are missing again this season. Turnovers are a big problem. Quick shots are a big problem. What else can you say. Many fans want to see Tenn UConn in the NCAAs. Well Tenn will be a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAAs. That might not happen.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
doggydaddy can be cranky early in the morning or late at night so please excuse his late-night lack of hospitality.

Now that I think of it, he can be cranky at lunch time, too.

Lack of hospitality? I did say welcome to the board!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn fans really shouldn't be kicking UTenn fans because they already are well underway with the game thread for Thursday's contest against Auburn on Volnation, and I see peep here about the heated action with UCF for tonight's game. They even have two "lucky pictures" embedded that include a team shot with CHW holding a "Grind for 9" plaque and a truly frightening mug shot of her that indeed will leave all Tiger players quaking.

Of course, if you're having to resort to using lucky pictures against Auburn, you know you're in trouble, though the Tigers did come away with a win the last time they played a team in TN a week ago.

Reaction Score
Tenn once again is not a top 10 team.

While I take great pleasure in TN losses, I can't think of 10 teams better this year. They seem #8 or #9 to me. The Vols are erratic -- played great in crushing TAMU and Vandy and in the 1st half of ND, but not so good vs Bama and others.

Reaction Score
If this was Facebook, I would hit "Like" to your comments, TonyC and VowelGuy...... spot on comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom