Kentucky really sucks | The Boneyard

Kentucky really sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Calipari sure got a lot of credit last year, well he should get a lot of the blame this year, the team looks absolutely clueless.

Reaction Score
They just cared less than RM. Remember us in the NIT recently, we didn't want to be there either. It's feast or famine with their approach. I would hate following a program with a new team every year.

Reaction Score
How about Calipari throwing some of his players under the bus? The creep should take some responsibility for the endless disappointments this year for their basketball team instead of insinuating that acouple of players "almost hijacked" the program. You were thoroughly outcoached, outsmarted in many of their games and failed to connect, motivate, and improve his players yet in his puny mind its the fault of his players alone. He is a joke of a coach and eventually his ponzi scheme will fail and the charade will be exposed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Calipari wound up and flung his team under the bus at the post-game presser.

Not his fault they lost this year...he was just trying to "save" people. mushroom cap.

"We deserved to be where we are. We deserved to be at Robert Morris," Calipari said. "If we'd have won the game at the buzzer, it would have been a shame … because we didn't deserve to win the game."
"The stuff I had to accept this year, the program almost got hijacked," Calipari said. "Never in my career have I surrendered in any way to any team, and I did at times this year - to try to save guys, to try to help guys - and it never works."

Reaction Score
How about Calipari throwing some of his players under the bus? The creep should take some responsibility for the endless disappointments this year for their basketball team instead of insinuating that acouple of players "almost hijacked" the program. You were thoroughly outcoached, outsmarted in many of their games and failed to connect, motivate, and improve his players yet in his puny mind its the fault of his players alone. He is a joke of a coach and eventually his ponzi scheme will fail and the charade will be exposed.

He will be getting his facetime on ESPN, CBS, Tru TV by next week, he loves the cameras to much not too.

Reaction Score
In my opinion this shows that the valuation of college coaching is in fact 2 dimensional - in many ways. Is recruiting a measure of a coach's success? The word coach does not imply this - but it certainly is the reality. There is recruiting and the ability to get the best players (via the school's history, past success, fan base, and personalty and salesmanship of the coach) vs the art of X's and O's and developing the players into a team..

Does VCU , Wisconsin, or Marquette (BUZZ is such a good coach) have better players than KU? NO.. The SEC sucks so is Coach CAL a good coach? I say not and there is a long list of good recruiters who underachieve as coaches. Yet there are coaches who constantly win, despite there recruiting raking are successful.

There are 10 coaches I can name that if they had the same 12 players that Cal had at KU this year (IN THAT CONFERENCE) would be a 5 seed. and KO is one of them

Reaction Score
Calipari wound up and flung his team under the bus at the post-game presser.

Not his fault they lost this year...he was just trying to "save" people. mushroom cap.

"We deserved to be where we are. We deserved to be at Robert Morris," Calipari said. "If we'd have won the game at the buzzer, it would have been a shame … because we didn't deserve to win the game."
"The stuff I had to accept this year, the program almost got hijacked," Calipari said. "Never in my career have I surrendered in any way to any team, and I did at times this year - to try to save guys, to try to help guys - and it never works."

He just provided cover for pushing several of these guys out before next years team arrives... And as much as I hate to admit it, their recruiting class coming in is so good, they might win it all again in spite of Calipari.

Reaction Score
"He just provided cover for pushing several of theses guys out"

right on

He surrenders to all of his recent teams.Had he not surrendered to Demarcus Cousins he would be dead right now

Reaction Score
While I agree teams do not get motivated to play if they believe they should be in the big dance as Lord said, he didn't do a heck of a lot of coaching this year with this crew. While they were talented they were not as highly recognized as last years rookies so he needed to prove he could coach a little without all the McD studs.....he didn't.

Listen the guy can coach but the question now is how overrated is he as a coach?

Reaction Score
In my opinion this shows that the valuation of college coaching is in fact 2 dimensional - in many ways. Is recruiting a measure of a coach's success? The word coach does not imply this - but it certainly is the reality. There is recruiting and the ability to get the best players (via the school's history, past success, fan base, and personalty and salesmanship of the coach) vs the art of X's and O's and developing the players into a team..

Does VCU , Wisconsin, or Marquette (BUZZ is such a good coach) have better players than KU? NO.. The SEC sucks so is Coach CAL a good coach? I say not and there is a long list of good recruiters who underachieve as coaches. Yet there are coaches who consintantly, despite there recruiting raking are successful.

There are 10 coaches I can name that if they had the same 12 players that Cal had at KU this year (IN THAT CONFERENCE) would be a 5 seed. and KO is one of them

UK

Reaction Score
The Squid being the Squid- the only thing different is the number of Ws or lack thereof.

Reaction Score
Well the good news is this replaces 2012 as Exhibit A in the evidence file regarding is "one-and-done" the new wave of college basketball success. If a substantial amount of his team leaves without the draft success of 2012, then he's under a lot of pressure to right the ship in 2014. Another lost season next year and the new formula for success is likely broken for good.

Honestly, how can recruits commit to play for the guy knowing that he's so willing to toss them to the wolves? Calipari was a better coach when he simply provided hookers and necklaces but stayed quiet.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Squid definitely lost some sheen this year. That said, I'm not sure R. Lee Ermey could've put fight into the squad Cal recruited. Chalk that up to entitlement, IMO.

Not that we haven't seen some underachieving teams ourselves. Nothing quite this bad given the expectations on UK, but at least one UConn team in the past 10 years comes to mind for just not quite getting the 'team' concept and lacking inner fortitude. Which is also why what KO & UConn did this year was so damned impressive. And fun.

Reaction Score
Their freshmen last night said they were all coming back (minus Noel of course). However, they have 6 signees and Randel announces today which could be 7 with them still recruiting Wiggins.

They have 2 seniors on scholarship and Noel is definitely gone. That is 3 openings. That means at least 3 guys will be forced into the pros or forced out of the program so Cal can make room for his one and doners. Very sad.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just in case, anyone though talent alone wins games. Squid showed how dependent he is on cheati.., I mean, recruiting.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Well I hope other coaches will take and use his words on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
Well I hope other coaches will take and use his words on the recruiting trail.
Agreed. Here's the problem--all these kids have been told how great they are, the don't imagine they're the next Ryan Harrow, but the next Rose/Wall/Knight, etc.

Reaction Score
I hope they all come back. Calipari admitted that he couldn't coach his current group this year, when they all played 30 min per game. What's going to happen when these guys become the scout team next year?

Reaction Score
Julius Randel to UK. Their incoming class is absolutely incredible.

Reaction Score
only thing left now is to pray that Wiggins goes elsewhere

Reaction Score
Wait, so Calipari recruits these high school kids to play for his team and when they're not some of the best players in the country their Freshman year he calls them uncoachable and pushes them out the door? What a ducking .

Reaction Score
As a sidenote, is there anyone hurt more than what Calipari is doing recruiting wise than Roy Williams? It seemed like just a few years ago all these guys would've been goint to UNC, now UK is the obvious clear choice if you're ranked #1 or #2 at your position.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for next year. Julius Randle just committed, so it's looking like they're going to have Randle, Marcus Lee, Dakari Johnson, Derek Willis, Wiltjer, Cauley-Stein, and Poythress all competing for front-court minutes. Something has to give because if it doesn't I don't think there is a coach alive who could keep that locker room from becoming broken. If Wiggins ends up committing to UK it'll be even more fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom