Kentucky down 5 to Florida with under a minute to play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentucky down 5 to Florida with under a minute to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The SEC is no way just an average conference. I'd be willing to bet they put at least 9 teams in the tourny this year, if not 10. The only conference better is the ACC. Ole Miss, one of the worst teams in the conference, only lost to Baylor by 7, at Baylor. It used to be, not even that long ago, that only a few teams would challenge Tennessee for conference championships, but now you have historically bottom dweller teams like South Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, and Arkansas also in the mix..Now I think you could def make a case and say that there are teams in the SEC that are wildly inconsistent, and with that I would agree with you..
9 or 10 in the tournament? Doubtful.

6-7? Probably.

Kentucky is historically bottom dweller? Not for 5 years, and that timeframe is more relevant Thant the years they were not a good team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'd certainly give the mental toughness advantage to ND at the head coaching position.
I don't know about toughness, but coaching ability? It's ND all the way.

ND is a top heavy team with average type players after the top 3.

Reaction Score
How can any of these teams be ready for their conferences when they have played no one other than Div 2 or teams outside the 150.........At least Duke has played some teams that can run and shoot..........I am looking forward to watching the SEC games and the ACC..........Did you see some ORANGE sweatshirts and sweaters in the Memphis crowd on Sat...........They were UCONN fans..........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The SEC is no way just an average conference. I'd be willing to bet they put at least 9 teams in the tourny this year, if not 10. The only conference better is the ACC. Ole Miss, one of the worst teams in the conference, only lost to Baylor by 7, at Baylor. It used to be, not even that long ago, that only a few teams would challenge Tennessee for conference championships, but now you have historically bottom dweller teams like South Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, and Arkansas also in the mix..Now I think you could def make a case and say that there are teams in the SEC that are wildly inconsistent, and with that I would agree with you..
The problem is that most of the SEC and the Big12 played such weak OOC schedules it is hard to tell if it is smoke and mirrors or have they actually improved. Saying you only lost to Baylor by 7 when they have an SOS hovering around 300 doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence. I do think the SEC will get 6-8 teams in, but I think this may be the largest field of mid-major teams ever as outside the ACC I am just not that impressed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame will also have to play the ACC teams twice in many cases, possibly three times. Possibly even four times. If that ended up being Duke, it'd be a difficult proposition for the Irish.

With the new additions and a reduction in conference games from 18 to 16.... each team has two "partners" that they play home and home... and they play the other conference teams once. Of the leading teams... ND partners are Duke and BC. Maryland has Syracuse and GaTech.. UNC has Duke and NC State, FSU has Miami and UVA, NC State has UNC and Wake Forest.... and finally Duke has ND and UNC.

I think Duke beats ND in Durham, and loses in South Bend... with the rubber match in the ACC Tourney.

Reaction Score
I do find it funny that posters are dogging the SEC when UCONN plays in the AAC. really? ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yup, cause one is brand new and is likely to improve and have the National Champion playing in it the next couple of years and the other is just the SEC.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I do find it funny that posters are dogging the SEC when UCONN plays in the AAC. really? ;)
Well, good for you. I find it funny that Tennessee just lost at hold to LSU.

We can all laugh together now...hahaha.

Reaction Score
I thought Kentucky was one of the better teams I've watched play this year. They have a quick point guard who's a lot like Jefferson. She stole the ball from Jude Schimmel a couple of times. The scoring guard they have from NYC is pretty good too.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

Hey, we ain't the ones crowing about being the best conference, "hands down"!

On a more serious note - and this may seem like an odd analogy - it's like when a pastor or a priest or a 'traditional values/born-again politician" gets caught with their pants down. If ya preach purity, and get caught sinning, it sticks out more - just ask Jimmy Swaggart. If you boast, for years on end, that your conference is superior, and "ponitifficate" about it endlessly, well, when you're revealed to be fairly ordinary, it sticks out more.

Or, as somebody once told me: "the higher you climb the ladder, the better shot people have at yer ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom