Kentucky down 5 to Florida with under a minute to play | The Boneyard

Kentucky down 5 to Florida with under a minute to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
And it's over. Kentucky is third in the nation in steals/game (13.5) but with only 5 thefts today in this home loss to Florida, 83-73. Shocking. Didn't help that the Wildcats were only 17/30 in FT's.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Huge Upset. Poor Shooting (35%) to go with missing 13 Free Throws did Ky in. Florida shot 49% and only missed seven free throws. Quickly lose the 1 game advantage they had over the Lady Vols in the SEC standings.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
most of the ranked teams that i was pulling for today... lost or are losing. UGA, Iowa, UNC, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Kansas, all of them let me down :oops:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Is losing the kid to a blood clot that important to Ky? (am i remembering correctly? 0

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Is losing the kid to a blood clot that important to Ky? (am i remembering correctly? 0
Knee surgery for Stallworth (LINK). There were blood clots that sidelined a couple of players, by Slaughter is back already (LINK).

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Stallworth from injury report: "is second on the team in scoring at 14.2 points and 7.0 rebounds per game, while shooting 56 percent from the field. Stallworth also leads the team in steals with 16."

Reaction Score
SEC is very average conference to me........ACC will beat each other except for ND..........UCONN is on a totally different level than the rest of WCBB.........

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No LSU was ranked. Florida wasn't even ranked.
But Tennessee is amazing....well, according to you.

LSU winning at TBA is a bigger shock then Kentucky losing to Florida.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Odd game, Kentucky was down ten or more, but recovered and took the lead. Then self-destructed.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
SEC is very average conference to me...ACC will beat each other except for ND.....UCONN is on a totally different level than the rest of WCBB....
I really believe you are overestimating ND. They certainly can lose to Duke and I even think they could lose to Maryland.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme ‏@CharlieCreme 4h
It's early, but have to say, right now, UK is, at best, 3rd-best in SEC, maybe 4th
Well ... I really wonder who he is ranking above them? I saw the first half of the UNC SC game and was not overly impressed with SC, TN played a stinker against LSU, so ...? He may be right, just curious what he has seen out their that I am missing.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well ... I really wonder who he is ranking above them? I saw the first half of the UNC SC game and was not overly impressed with SC, TN played a stinker against LSU, so ...? He may be right, just curious what he has seen out their that I am missing.

I think this just proves the weakness of the SEC. Top teams are overrated.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
SEC is very average conference to me...ACC will beat each other except for ND.....UCONN is on a totally different level than the rest of WCBB....

The SEC is no way just an average conference. I'd be willing to bet they put at least 9 teams in the tourny this year, if not 10. The only conference better is the ACC. Ole Miss, one of the worst teams in the conference, only lost to Baylor by 7, at Baylor. It used to be, not even that long ago, that only a few teams would challenge Tennessee for conference championships, but now you have historically bottom dweller teams like South Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, and Arkansas also in the mix..Now I think you could def make a case and say that there are teams in the SEC that are wildly inconsistent, and with that I would agree with you..

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I really believe you are overestimating ND. They certainly can lose to Duke and I even think they could lose to Maryland.
They can, DD, but I think they are mentally tougher than both those teams.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The SEC is no way just an average conference. I'd be willing to bet they put at least 9 teams in the tourny this year, if not 10. The only conference better is the ACC. Ole Miss, one of the worst teams in the conference, only lost to Baylor by 7, at Baylor. ]

Well, sure. It's a down year in WCBB! :p

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Notre Dame will also have to play the ACC teams twice in many cases, possibly three times. Possibly even four times. If that ended up being Duke, it'd be a difficult proposition for the Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom