Kendall Smith????...The next Uconn PG???????? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kendall Smith????...The next Uconn PG????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Almost every UConn scholarship player, especially ones rated in the top 100 coming out of high school, have high aspirations of playing in the NBA. Most of them don't face the reality that there's a pretty good chance they won't. So obviously UConn producing NBA players is probably the biggest selling point.

Of course they do, and they are idiotic to think that way. Fortunately, in UConn's case, they at least have a chance to get a valuable education despite themselves. But from what I can see, the kids who have parents involved, rather than AAU folks and HS coaches, make college choices that are a little more nuanced.

H

Husk-E

You can never get that good of an idea just from the player's best moves but from just that he looks pretty good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Since Terrence Samuel stayed true to the program and loves UConn, I'd rather see him run the point than this kid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
smauel is the perfect pg project with 2 guard lenght. in time he will develope 1 skills buit he can play right away combo wise. bringing smith in would be great 1 depth and eventually allow uconn post boat and bazz to always have its 2 gurds that can handle on the court at once.

Reaction Score
I mean how could you pick Cal or ASU over UConn, regardless of a tournament ban?

Well if you look at today's weather at the 3 schools........ just kidding, but many factors go into a decision. We are a great school for some and not for others, irrespective of talent. If the kid wants family to enjoy his college career then he would opt to play closer to home. Some players want to rebuild a college program, some want to be THE star, in some families the parents are central to the decision. That's a couple of reasons, I'm sure there are others.

The bottom line is the recruiter has to close the deal with all things considered. As for this kid Ollie can relate to playing so far away from home, which would help negate one reason/objection. It's selling your program, not much different than anything else when it comes to a 'prospects' choices and decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom