Kendall Smith????...The next Uconn PG???????? | The Boneyard

Kendall Smith????...The next Uconn PG????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope is there my friend..did you read the article? Uconn is in his top three and he clearly notes in other interviews that Uconn is his fav. school. In his twitter pic, he is wearing a personalized Uconn jersey. Keep hope alive.

Reaction Score
Hope is there my friend..did you read the article? Uconn is in his top three and he clearly notes in other interviews that Uconn is his fav. school. In his twitter pic, he is wearing a personalized Uconn jersey. Keep hope alive.
i will admit that i didn't read the article.

and now that i think of it, your thread title may actually be accurate. let's hope that you are not a false prophet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He's mostly looking at Pac-12 schools, but Smith is still wide open but he lists a top three of Cal, Arizona State and UConn. We shall see - Ollie was a great PG and seems to be a great recruiter. Hopefully Smith likes UCONN a lot more than the west coast schools...

Reaction Score
his teammate marcus lee seems to be the attention getter at this point...the kid has offers from everyone (including the likes of KU, Arizona, and Dook)

looks like a nice player, and would definitely do well playing behind shabazz and boatright. Wouldn't mind seeing them both in a Uconn uni some day

Reaction Score
I posted something earlier today about this kid, it sure sounds like we are the leader and I'm guessing we are very close to offering. Ollie is going to be huge on this one, Smith and his teammate Lee talk a lot about being a package deal. I like both their games from the videos I've seen and the write ups on them. My guess is Kendall Smith is going to blow up soon, time for the staff to offer him and lock him up soon.

Reaction Score
I posted something earlier today about this kid, it sure sounds like we are the leader and I'm guessing we are very close to offering. Ollie is going to be huge on this one, Smith and his teammate Lee talk a lot about being a package deal. I like both their games from the videos I've seen and the write ups on them. My guess is Kendall Smith is going to blow up soon, time for the staff to offer him and lock him up soon.

I wonder if the staff likes Terrence Samuel more or could we get both? I know our tradition is based on 2 PGs or at least 2 ballhandlers in the backcourt, but it will probably be tough to sell signing two PGs. Also in regards to XRM, he's more of a SG right? I thought I remember reading that he wanted to play PG in college, I really want him on board too.

Reaction Score
Given his fixation on us... There's a reason we haven't offered... Maybe he's a back up plan

Word on the street is that his more highly recruited big teammate may request a package deal

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I mean how could you pick Cal or ASU over UConn, regardless of a tournament ban?

Reaction Score
Have to think the staff likes XRM and others more than this kid if they haven't offered yet.

Reaction Score
This kid isnt ranked anywhere think we r holding off on going all out on him. His shot has bad form. Has anyone actually seen him play a game or u just really love his mixtape?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean how could you pick Cal or ASU over UConn, regardless of a tournament ban?

Well for ASU...wildly hot girls, no winter to speak of. Cal, mild winter, great academic reputation, lot of groovy hippie chicks. Both are in locations that measure considerably higher than Storrs on the excitement meter.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This kid isnt ranked anywhere think we r holding off on going all out on him. His shot has bad form. Has anyone actually seen him play a game or u just really love his mixtape?
the kid loves uconn so fans will love him. thats fine and if hes on our chart and we get to that point then its a great backup to who ever we have higher on the chart. bottom line is that were in it with a ton of high ranked kids the next 2 years, about half of them big chart we got is filled with kids that are new england/nyc kids or have family ties to uconn. all we need is 1 or 2 to start the movement that "uconn is back" and it will be a recruit feast for us the next 2 years. now the fans and most ppl know uconn "never left" but the bad media and bad blood recruiting by other coaches is telling these kids uconn is falling off(arp, no ncaa, jc gone etc...). i kid not its going to be hard for us not to land 4 great players in each class if we have the room.

Reaction Score
Marcus Lee has 33 colleges with interest, and none are named UConn! So if they become the dynamic duo for some school, it probably won't be here.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Well for ASU...wildly hot girls, no winter to speak of. Cal, mild winter, great academic reputation, lot of groovy hippie chicks. Both are in locations that measure considerably higher than Storrs on the excitement meter.
Yeah I was going to say unless you're considering the chicks and climate but the forum doesn't let you edit your posts after a given amount of time. But I mean with roughly 15k undergrads at UConn, there are more than enough hot chicks for a 12 man basketball team

U

UCONNfan1

Add me to the list who thinks it's great to see positive press regarding UCONN and kids being interested, but who finds the subject header misleading. Not a hangable offense, but pertty close to it...

caw

Reaction Score
Marcus Lee has 33 colleges with interest, and none are named UConn! So if they become the dynamic duo for some school, it probably won't be here.

Duffy has written numerous times that UConn has offered him. No clue on his interest in UConn but UConn is recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Agree title misinforming. If it is not a done deal it should be stated that way . Never like to have your hopes up then snatched away with a might be, a maybe or anything in between. That said it isn't a hanging offense.

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah I was going to say unless you're considering the chicks and climate but the forum doesn't let you edit your posts after a given amount of time. But I mean with roughly 15k undergrads at UConn, there are more than enough hot chicks for a 12 man basketball team

Certainly UConn has attractive girls. I am merely pointing out that only a very, very small percentage of college basketball players, even at UConn's level, will make the NBA. So when considering a college, even as a basketball player, basketball should not be your first or only consideration. I think Storrs can be a substantial negative in recruiting (and yes, I enjoyed my 4 years there). Yet I recall that Ollie loved it, because it felt so safe compared to the gang infiltrated neighborhoods he grew up in.

Reaction Score
Certainly UConn has attractive girls. I am merely pointing out that only a very, very small percentage of college basketball players, even at UConn's level, will make the NBA. So when considering a college, even as a basketball player, basketball should not be your first or only consideration. I think Storrs can be a substantial negative in recruiting (and yes, I enjoyed my 4 years there). Yet I recall that Ollie loved it, because it felt so safe compared to the gang infiltrated neighborhoods he grew up in.
Almost every UConn scholarship player, especially ones rated in the top 100 coming out of high school, have high aspirations of playing in the NBA. Most of them don't face the reality that there's a pretty good chance they won't. So obviously UConn producing NBA players is probably the biggest selling point.

Reaction Score
Not to nitpick, but I think the Rivals is the most up to date. ESPN is from June 6th, and the article from Duffy cites Rivals as a source. If you click on this site, UConn is no where on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom