Kelly (Schumacher) Raimon, assistant coach of Las Vegas Aces | The Boneyard

Kelly (Schumacher) Raimon, assistant coach of Las Vegas Aces

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

She was born in Cincinnati, but raised in the Canadian province of Quebec, where she flourished on both the basketball and volleyball courts. She loved both equally, but opted to play college basketball at Connecticut from 1997-2001 under coaching legend Geno Auriemma, from whom she absorbed a great deal of tactics and strategy.​
“He was always a coach that paid attention to the X’s and O’s, and I was very detail-oriented myself,” said Raimon, who said Auriemma’s tutelage helped prepare her for her coaching career. “That’s something you kind of learn over the years, being able to kind of see all 10 players (at once).”​

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

She was born in Cincinnati, but raised in the Canadian province of Quebec, where she flourished on both the basketball and volleyball courts. She loved both equally, but opted to play college basketball at Connecticut from 1997-2001 under coaching legend Geno Auriemma, from whom she absorbed a great deal of tactics and strategy.​
“He was always a coach that paid attention to the X’s and O’s, and I was very detail-oriented myself,” said Raimon, who said Auriemma’s tutelage helped prepare her for her coaching career. “That’s something you kind of learn over the years, being able to kind of see all 10 players (at once).”​
As I have mentioned before, immediately after leaving UConn, she did not have fond memories of Geno. I don't think his sarcastic sense of humor amused her, and in fact it probably annoyed her. Early in her pro career when she was playing in Indianapolis, she said nice things about Jamelle Eliot's coaching but was deafeningly silent about Geno.

So I guess she has mellowed about that subject, and has also realized that Geno can be helpful in launching her coaching career.

Reaction Score

I always enjoyed watching her play; very colorful at times, like when she set a record for blocks.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She reserve much respect... she played “BIG” for UConn. I don’t know if she was ranked/rated coming out of High School but she was a very important piece to the puzzle for the Huskies

Reaction Score

PLEBE: thanks for passing that along from the Review Journal. Very interesting. And what a combo she gets with LaimBEER and Vegas, eh?

Reaction Score
She reserve much respect... she played “BIG” for UConn. I don’t know if she was ranked/rated coming out of High School but she was a very important piece to the puzzle for the Huskies

DAD: had not noticed your "Choc Full of UCONN" until now. Good one. Got a big grin over here.

Reaction Score
Kelly became one of my favorites after the smackdown UConn put on Tennessee in the 2000 NC game. Her 9 blocks set a title game record and she was named MVP. As I remember it, every block was mean and nasty. UT couldn't go near the inside.
Looks like she's had a rewarding successful athletic career. Her volleyball spikes must have been things of beauty.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I still believe she had 10 blocks score keeper shorted her one
Actually the tenth one was called a foul, they showed it on replay and she got all ball with no contact. It was the ref and not the score keeper that kept her from having 10 blocks.

Reaction Score
This season she is listed on WNBA Las Vegas web page as Kelly Schumacher not Kelly Raimon!
Can't find any reason but she went back to her maiden name!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom