Katie Lou Samuelson is burning up the nets in the Czech Republic... | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Samuelson is burning up the nets in the Czech Republic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
kls.JPG

The U.S.A. U-17 team is 2-0 in the Czech Republic, so far. In those two games, the team has attempted 37 three point shots. KLS, who missed earlier exhibition games due to illness, is 8-17 from the 3 pt range. That's 47%..!! :) The rest of the team is 3-20 or 15% from 3 pt range.:( KLS is also 2nd on the team with 10 rebounds...and 1st in scoring at 19.5 pts per game...
I hope she feels better soon....:rolleyes:

Go Katie Lou..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I wrote in another post, she is, without a doubt, the outstanding player on team USA so far. I can't tell you how impressed I am with not only her shooting but her overall game. It's hard to believe she still has another year to go in High School !

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It will be a simple misdemeanor to have Katie Lou and Stewie on the court at once. Assault.

Adding Morgan and Saniya makes it a felony. Battery.

When some combination of Gabby, Courtney, Sadie, Kia, and Natalie join the mix it becomes a capital offense. Murder in the first.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A pretty nice 6-3 point guard. She was used to take the ball up court a
few times. Very interesting!!

sTu

Reaction Score
She brought the ball up court quite a bit more than a few times in the first two games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Geno plays her at the 2, we'll have a huge lineup.

I like the thought of Courtney and Kaleena on opposite sides of the floor for Ek's first year and Courtney and Lou on opposite sides for the next 3 years. Bombs away!

Lou reminds me of Maya and Kaleena in terms of shooting accuracy and being able to put up points really fast. Is the mark of 3,036 points within reach? :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Lou reminds me of Maya and Kaleena in terms of shooting accuracy and being able to put up points really fast. Is the mark of 3,036 points within reach? :)

That may take awhile, especially when you consider that it will be about 495 days from now before she drops her first UConn bucket.

As that time passes, the Boneyard will post a jillion posts in anticipation of that historic moment.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She does seem like the prototype UConn superstar as she is not even 17...Great Shooter, Her Shots are in flow of the offense, great teammate (easy to see from how she interacts with the other team members), high basketball iq, a leader, and surprisingly good ball handling skills for someone that tall. She is destined for great things at UConn!

Reaction Score
Katie Lou has handled the ball quite a bit in the first two games. However, Kia Nurse is UConn's point guard of the future. Lou may help out, but Kia will run the show. Not having Kia bring the ball up the court would be like having someone other than MoJeff bring it up.

sTu

Reaction Score
KLS is doing what she is being asked to do by the coaching staff. Her primary roles are spotting up for the three as often as possible and bringing the ball up the court and initiating the offense primarily when Durr is not on the court. It is likely never to be in her future at UConn given the guards and depth we have in the backcourt to be running the offense from the point. That being said, I would not be surprised at some point if the offense flows through her like Diana and she becomes at times somewhat of a point forward.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou has handled the ball quite a bit in the first two games. However, Kia Nurse is UConn's point guard of the future. Lou may help out, but Kia will run the show. Not having Kia bring the ball up the court would be like having someone other than MoJeff bring it up.

Possibly. How about Sadie Edwards at point guard ? Or perhaps Asia Durr !

Reaction Score
It will be a simple misdemeanor to have Katie Lou and Stewie on the court at once. Assault.

Adding Morgan and Saniya makes it a felony. Battery.

When some combination of Gabby, Courtney, Sadie, Kia, and Natalie join the mix it becomes a capital offense. Murder in the first.
I do have to say that second line where you said "adding Morgan and Saniya makes it a felony". Well, I would have been more agreeable to mention Moriah than Saniya because Saniya has a ways to go to prove herself. She faltered pretty significantly in the last 2/3 of the season while Jefferson was phenomenal. Whether we ever see the Saniya that we thought we were getting when she accepted an offer is up in the air. Obviously we all hope that she gets stronger and more confident and becomes THAT player but the jury is still out. There's no question Mo is already there and quite possibly will only continue to improve. I was going to mention you omitted KML but then I realized you were talking not about next year but the following year, when KML will have left the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Geno plays her at the 2, we'll have a huge lineup.

I like the thought of Courtney and Kaleena on opposite sides of the floor for Ek's first year and Courtney and Lou on opposite sides for the next 3 years. Bombs away!

I think with the weapons that we will have that KLS won't be in the running to eclipse Maya's mark. The reason being that Maya needed to take on a bigger scoring role because we didn't have nearly the weapons that KLS will have. Beyond that, with so much talent vying for court minutes, she won't be on the court nearly as much as we required Maya to play. Particularly in her senior year, when Tina left, Maya put in a lot of minutes. KLS's potential to break the record would be up there, were her circumstances similar to the way things were during Maya's time in Storrs but I really don't think that'll be the case.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She does seem like the prototype UConn superstar as she is not even 17...Great Shooter, Her Shots are in flow of the offense, great teammate (easy to see from how she interacts with the other team members), high basketball iq, a leader, and surprisingly good ball handling skills for someone that tall. She is destined for great things at UConn!
That's a great point - she reminds me of KML in more ways than one, but specifically to your point, she never jacks up a shot for the sake of taking a shot. It's always in the flow of the offense and she's always open. She simply doesn't put herself in a position to take a bad shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think with the weapons that we will have that KLS won't be in the running to eclipse Maya's mark. The reason being that Maya needed to take on a bigger scoring role because we didn't have nearly the weapons that KLS will have. Beyond that, with so much talent vying for court minutes, she won't be on the court nearly as much as we required Maya to play. Particularly in her senior year, when Tina left, Maya put in a lot of minutes. KLS's potential to break the record would be up there, were her circumstances similar to the way things were during Maya's time in Storrs but I really don't think that'll be the case.
I agree that Maya's record was partly due to special circumstances. But if Lou shoots a higher percentage and gets more FTs, she could amass a lot of points. I know it's premature, but Lou could wind up in the Tina-Kaleena range.

Reaction Score
Sit back and watch this show and just smile..............OMG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom