Katie Lou Is In The House | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Is In The House

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bulter started her college basketball eligibility 2 years ago at Georgetown...

Game eligible career at UConn FGS! She's as much a newbie as the 3 Frosh and yes she has 3 years of eligibility left, but all these discussions have involved how will UConn be in the upcoming season and so her "newness" in that sense is bound to be lumped in with the 3 frosh. And, yes, she has practiced with the squad for a year, and to further confuse things is, in fact, a junior, not a "rising sophomore" as one of our jokesters suggests. She's a teamer who paid her own way to some away games last year, etc. etc. etc. You see what your recruiting has wrought old Arsenal Cannon!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So is Boykin a legit 6'2 ? From the pics and others Ive seen.... she seems to be more in the 6'1 neighborhood? Collier and Samuelson look to be the same height... so is Collier 6'3 or is Samuelson 6'2 ?

:p

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So is Boykin a legit 6'2 ? From the pics and others Ive seen.... she seems to be more in the 6'1 neighborhood? Collier and Samuelson look to be the same height... so is Collier 6'3 or is Samuelson 6'2 ?

KLS_heights.jpg

Reaction Score
You all know you have real height with no shoes and basketball height with shoe on which added about 1.5 to 2.0 inches depending on the shoe, and if I say my basketball height is 5'11" that means I'm about 5'9.5" so I think these heights are rounded up, and with girls there hair style plays a role in there height measurement at measurement time

Reaction Score
You're right, it is SIMPLE. Not sure why people are having so much trouble with this. She's a Soph. (JR for school purposes.....notice any mention of FR in there??? NO!)

You're might be right though, for some stupidity is natural.

What a waste of energy. But to start calling people stupid because they don't agree with you is uncalled for from a fellow UCONN fan. If anyone wants that post name calling , Volnation is a great place to post .

Reaction Score
Game eligible career at UConn FGS! She's as much a newbie as the 3 Frosh...

Seeing as she practiced with the team for a year... no, she is not as new to UConn at this years freshman... a whole year of Geno's practices. The coaching staff is going expect much more from her as far as knowing what to do and the level of effort she is expected to give, then they will the freshman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the end did the services rate this year's UCONN class number one? With Butler it's far and away the best, but alone I can't imagine another school's class being stronger than what we have in these three.
I happen to be wearing my Zebra outfit during this altercation--My leopard suit is in the closet for tonight - Anyway, Bonpland started it all with a legit question (IMHO) about the rating services and THIS year's recruiting class!! Sluconn gave a good move and said McCormick said UConn was #1--chrissaran threw a positive pass stating Louisville was #1 with an asterisk (more players)--Bonpland puts Butler in recruiting class, but Myers7 shoots that down.--Begillion supports Bonpland with an accepting and NON-technical addition of Butler. Rockmtblue2 assists bonpland + begillion believing Butler's new start with UConn qualifies her as a NEW 2015 recruit.--Kibitzer doesn't give a crap about recruiting services ratings and is just Happy as a Clam we got our Newbies. Meyer7 straightens it out stating Butlers real class is with Chong, but eligibility wise it is with Gabby and Nurse. TriddukeFan- pulls out a SAT level fact and replies (NOTE_I am calling the game close, so I deem it a legitimate play)"Butler is a Rising Red-Shirt Soph." Rockymtblue2 throws his hands up on the bad call (his interpretation) and says emphatically (Newness or Newbie means lump Butler in with the Frosh--even given that...she is in fact a JR. and not a Rising Soph. IS IT CLEAR NOW? Those who want a legal interpretation should call 3456-789 and ask for Judge Judy!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Yes/No/Maybe

Reaction Score
I happen to be wearing my Zebra outfit during this altercation--My leopard suit is in the closet for tonight - Anyway, Bonpland started it all with a legit question (IMHO) about the rating services and THIS year's recruiting class!! Sluconn gave a good move and said McCormick said UConn was #1--chrissaran threw a positive pass stating Louisville was #1 with an asterisk (more players)--Bonpland puts Butler in recruiting class, but Myers7 shoots that down.--Begillion supports Bonpland with an accepting and NON-technical addition of Butler. Rockmtblue2 assists bonpland + begillion believing Butler's new start with UConn qualifies her as a NEW 2015 recruit.--Kibitzer doesn't give a crap about recruiting services ratings and is just Happy as a Clam we got our Newbies. Meyer7 straightens it out stating Butlers real class is with Chong, but eligibility wise it is with Gabby and Nurse. TriddukeFan- pulls out a SAT level fact and replies (NOTE_I am calling the game close, so I deem it a legitimate play)"Butler is a Rising Red-Shirt Soph." Rockymtblue2 throws his hands up on the bad call (his interpretation) and says emphatically (Newness or Newbie means lump Butler in with the Frosh--even given that...she is in fact a JR. and not a Rising Soph. IS IT CLEAR NOW? Those who want a legal interpretation should call 3456-789 and ask for Judge Judy!!

AWESOME RECAP !!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Seeing as she practiced with the team for a year... no, she is not as new to UConn at this years freshman... a whole year of Geno's practices. The coaching staff is going expect much more from her as far as knowing what to do and the level of effort she is expected to give, then they will the freshman.

Did I not say, to put my Newbie Status in context: " And, yes, she has practiced with the squad for a year, and to further confuse things is, in fact, a junior, not a "rising sophomore" as one of our jokesters suggests." But thanks for pointing that out again. She will be game eligible for the first time with the 3 Newbies. She's got a big, big leg up. But we are all, to his undying amusement, chasing Meyers word play around in this thread.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was always clear to me. :cool:

Just trying to correct other's misconceptions. :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What a waste of energy.
My energy, I can waste it anyway I want.

But to start calling people stupid because they don't agree with you is uncalled for from a fellow UCONN fan. If anyone wants that post name calling , Volnation is a great place to post .

il_fullxfull.383010436_qos2.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You all know you have real height with no shoes and basketball height with shoe on which added about 1.5 to 2.0 inches depending on the shoe, and if I say my basketball height is 5'11" that means I'm about 5'9.5" so I think these heights are rounded up, and with girls there hair style plays a role in there height measurement at measurement time
Of course we know this. Duh! There are far more complicating factor for a arcurate gestimate of a player's height calculation- more art than science IMO. Hair style you say?-I don't think So!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Might be 6'7" when she unrolls the shorts
She not going to be allowed to roll her shorts when she gets to UCONN so we'll leave her at 6'3.1"
Wait, she is a UCONN now what was I thinking?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm more concerned with the double rolled shorts on Katie Lou! Enjoy the summer Lou. Your rolled shorts era is coming to an end.

PS. Obviously Lou is 6'5".
she just wants attention like Aja' Wilson :oops: Im not going to mention the hand signs like Diggins

I hope Geno knows what he's getting into :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well, the gang's all here. Looks like a party now! Pretty soon (well 5 months) it will be our time to party also. This is gonna get FUN!

5 Months ???? OH NO, why not tomorrow???? When is the new schedule out??? Got to plan my road trips. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
5 Months ???? OH NO, why not tomorrow???? When is the new schedule out??? Got to plan my road trips. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait. :)
Impatience.jpg

Reaction Score

Yes, the shoes make a difference - and virtually all schools measure their players' heights with shoes on. At this year's NBA combine - where players are accurately measured to the nearest quarter inch - shoes made an average difference of 1.2". The two most common shoe heights were 1.25" and 1.0".

FWIW, Ryan Boatright's true height without shoes is 5' 10.0", and his average height with shoes is 5' 11.0" - a gain of exactly one inch when measured with his shoes. On the UConn website, his height was exaggerated up to 6' 0".

Reaction Score
Because she is joining UCONN at the same time. Don't get so technical . For example, UNC's class was ranked with Desheilds in it but now she has transferred. Nobody is going to go back and change the rankings.
Yeah but now Desheilds will have to do her own academic work and actually earn a grade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom