Kansas | The Boneyard

Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations on playing a tough schedule according to the computer, but you kinda need to beat some of those opponents, right? Heck we have a better record than them. Why the hell are they in the conversation for a 1 seed? Louisville would destroy them. I think with the right draw UConn can make it to Dallas but Florida and Louisville are the best teams. Joe Lunardi dropped Louisville to a 4 after winning two games by 90+ points. I give him credit for making $ off this bracketology gimmick he created..

Reaction Score
I don't get how you can criticize Lunardi for simply adhering to the guidelines set fourth by the committee. The committee relies heavily on RPI, wins over the top 50, SOS, etc. Kansas is very strong in every area - #3 overall RPI, 12 wins over the top 50, 19 over the top 100. They also won arguably the toughest conference in college basketball by two games. We finished fourth in the fifth or sixth toughest conference. There is really no comparison between our resume and Kansas'.

That being said, Kansas didn't do themselves any favors as far as seeding is concerned in the Big 12 Tournament. They got pushed to OT by Oklahoma State and then got walloped by Iowa State. With Embiid being out for at least the first couple games, they're out of the conversation for a #1 seed, and they might even fall to the three line.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Without a doubt Louisville is the scariest team in the tournament. If Kansas doesn't have Embiid, they may be out early, especially if Wiggins can't safe them.

Reaction Score
I don't get how you can criticize Lunardi for simply adhering to the guidelines set fourth by the committee. The committee relies heavily on RPI, wins over the top 50, SOS, etc. Kansas is very strong in every area - #3 overall RPI, 12 wins over the top 50, 19 over the top 100. They also won arguably the toughest conference in college basketball by two games. We finished fourth in the fifth or sixth toughest conference. There is really no comparison between our resume and Kansas'.

That being said, Kansas didn't do themselves any favors as far as seeding is concerned in the Big 12 Tournament. They got pushed to OT by Oklahoma State and then got walloped by Iowa State. With Embiid being out for at least the first couple games, they're out of the conversation for a #1 seed, and they might even fall to the three line.

Step away from the computer and factor in actually watching basketball which the committee does. Kansas has lost a lot of games and Louisville is winning every game by 30-60 points against ranked teams.

Reaction Score
They are not being considered for a #1 seed by anyone. There are 3-4 teams ahead of them for the 4th #1.

Congratulations on playing a tough schedule according to the computer, but you kinda need to beat some of those opponents, right? Heck we have a better record than them. Why the hell are they in the conversation for a 1 seed? Louisville would destroy them. I think with the right draw UConn can make it to Dallas but Florida and Louisville are the best teams. Joe Lunardi dropped Louisville to a 4 after winning two games by 90+ points. I give him credit for making $ off this bracketology gimmick he created..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Louisville might be the best/hottest team as of now but you don't reward someone by giving them a one seed when they played no one and beat no one especially ooc. Look at Kansas' schedule over lousiville not just the regular season schedule but their ooc. I had them as a 1 if they ran through their conference tourney if michigan or UVA tripped up bc of their schedule. Also when embid is healthy they look like the best team in the country. If UVA or Michigan wins they're the other 1 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom