Kaleena back at Mater Dei | The Boneyard

Kaleena back at Mater Dei

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the Doyle article on Lou and her fans, Coach Kiernan at Mater Dei says KML will be working on her game in So. Cal.

“This winter, she secured an internship at the Mater Dei athletic department through the WNBA. Mosqueda-Lewis is serving as an assistant for Kiernan’s program.”

Most Improved Player next season??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hope so. Mater Dei also has Brooke Demetre, a pretty good 2021 prospect could be the next good player from that storied program.
K’s resposnsibility to UConn will be to scout the conference and area. She helped recruit Moriah and Stewie. In fact, she dubbed her lanky future teammate “Baby Husky.”

Let’s get a pic of K with the BY tonight!

Reaction Score
I noticed that she "secured an internship via the WNBA". I'm not sure what that means. Is she working under a coaching development program. Is her playing days over/soon to be over and she is setting herself up for the next phase.

Or perhaps just working in the off season as she heals and gets ready for next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I noticed that she "secured an internship via the WNBA". I'm not sure what that means. Is she working under a coaching development program. Is her playing days over/soon to be over and she is setting herself up for the next phase.

Or perhaps just working in the off season as she heals and gets ready for next year.
Also why would she have to go through the WNBA to secure a gig at her own HS?

Reaction Score

Is she injured? I don't recall...

Reaction Score
Didn’t she get injured early in the WNBA season?! She probably never fully recovered

Reaction Score
She had a post on Instagram that was captioned as physical therapy so she likely is rehabbing from the injury this summer. Good opportunity for her as she has spent so many years now away from home and her little brother is growing up fast.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd like to see K get healthy and a little trimmer. She still has great hands and a great shot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In the Doyle article on Lou and her fans, Coach Kiernan at Mater Dei says KML will be working on her game in So. Cal.

“This winter, she secured an internship at the Mater Dei athletic department through the WNBA. Mosqueda-Lewis is serving as an assistant for Kiernan’s program.”

Most Improved Player next season??

I bumped into KML tonight at the game on the concourse at half time. I said hello as I walked pass her as I was returning to my seat after visiting the snack bar. She smiled and returned my greeting. Lots of celebrities and family members in the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'd be happy if she was just an "improved" player next season. Diet and exercise this off season - preferably with a trainer and nutritionist. Time to transform her body like Dee did!!

Yes, I was very surprised to see how much weight she'd gained when I watched one of her WNBA games last season. A professional athlete needs to take care of herself. Wonder what's going on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom