Kalana signed by Lynx | The Boneyard

Kalana signed by Lynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lynx need more guard help and got it today by signing Kalana Greene for remainder of the year. If she's still in condition, which I suspect she is, she'll help the Lynx. Still think they have to be the favorite to win the Western Division and be in the Finals.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Lynx could be in big trouble. Both Whalen and Augustus are out til the playoffs and there are no guarantees how healthy they'll be when the playoff begin. Whalen has bursitis in her ankle/achilles area and left Sunday's game in a lot of pain. Augustus had knee surgery and now has a foot injury as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that the Lynx are vulnerable. They will need big efforts from 3 former Huskies to win. Let me think, how did Maya, Renee, and Kalana do when they played together? Undefeated. Ok. Obviously, the competition is tougher. L.A., Phoenix, and N.Y. will test them.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The fact that LA might be their first round matchup should give the Lynx pause. Granted, LA is not totally healthy, but they have a lot of raw talent.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
They will need multiple 'repeat' performances by Renee such as the one she gave the other night (15 pts), otherwise I agree it's tough sledding for the playoffs

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The fact that LA might be their first round matchup should give the Lynx pause. Granted, LA is not totally healthy, but they have a lot of raw talent.
I agree. Candace Parker is playing good ball. She's a potential triple-double. I'm not a fan, but she is passing the ball beautifully. If Nneka and Alana are back, they are very good. Can the WNBA championship be won by a team with a regular-season losing record? I like New York's chances.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They will need multiple 'repeat' performances by Renee such as the one she gave the other night (15 pts), otherwise I agree it's tough sledding for the playoffs
Renee must be thrilled to be playing with her buddy K-Bear again. I thought Kalana looked good for Washington in the pre-season and then with S.A.

Yep, the margin for error is small. Everyone needs to bring their A game almost every night.

Reaction Score
The trade for Sylvia helps with Griner, but Minnesota still has the same problem they had last season in a lack of shooters outside of Maya leading to poor offensive spacing. Especially when it is needed against big teams like LA and Phoenix. Even if Whalen and Augustus come back that doesn't help the floor spacing and tends to clog things up for Maya at this point as evidenced by the games Augustus did play this season. If Renee can get hot her addition helps some, but that's still along with Maya only 2 long range shooters that are actually going to pay in a playoff game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Lynx could be in big trouble. Both Whalen and Augustus are out til the playoffs and there are no guarantees how healthy they'll be when the playoff begin. Whalen has bursitis in her ankle/achilles area and left Sunday's game in a lot of pain. Augustus had knee surgery and now has a foot injury as well.

Say what you will, but we all know that the Lynx are a completely different team without Augustus and Whalen.

Reaction Score
Even if Lindsay & Simone come back before or just for the playoffs they're not going to be in sync with the rest of the girls so they'll offense will suffer! What a shame injuries have hit them late!
MN will play LA in 1st rd. and PHX will play Tulsa!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Lynx and Liberty are battling for best overall record (and home court if they meet in the finals). Right now the Liberty hold a one game lead over the Lynx after Lib lost badly to the Chicago Sky last night at home. Bad shooting night for Tina (8-24) and Kiah held scoreless. The Lynx and Liberty play Sunday in Minn but Lynx first have to get by a tough Indiana team tonight. The Lynx end the reg season with home/home vs Seattle.

Of course, thinking about home court for the finals is looking too far ahead for this Lynx team which will play the Sparks in the first round. I'm not a fan of the Sparks' backcourt but that weakness is less of a problem if the Lynx are forced to go with Cruz and Montgomery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lynx and Liberty are battling for best overall record (and home court if they meet in the finals). Right now the Liberty hold a one game lead over the Lynx after Lib lost badly to the Chicago Sky last night at home. Bad shooting night for Tina (8-24) and Kiah held scoreless. The Lynx and Liberty play Sunday in Minn but Lynx first have to get by a tough Indiana team tonight. The Lynx end the reg season with home/home vs Seattle.

Of course, thinking about home court for the finals is looking too far ahead for this Lynx team which will play the Sparks in the first round. I'm not a fan of the Sparks' backcourt but that weakness is less of a problem if the Lynx are forced to go with Cruz and Montgomery.
The Liberty got in a hole early. The Sky swarmed Tina, and Kiah got in early foul trouble, partly due to EDD. Chicago played very well without Cappie.

Meanwhile, L.A. had a good finish to beat the Mystics. The Sparks front court is very good.

I think the championship is wide open. I could see anyone of about 5 teams winning. The Lynx could go out in any round. Home court advantage could be the factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom