Kailee Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Commits to Stanford.... Doubt this will effect Erica McCall

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Yes! That is great news. She's a versatile athlete who I am hoping will become somewhat of a mini-Kayla Pederson...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz - Johnson - Link

Stanford is able to get all the bigs they want. As a UConn fan, glad they also aren't able to obtain guards of similar talent. The lack of a superstar point guard has probably cost Stanford a couple of National Championships.

Stanford has room for both Johnson and McCall but I think this helps UConn with McCall. I'll be surprised if McCall ends up at UConn, but I have more hope then before.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stanford. I think it can only help with McCall since they play completely different positions.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stanford. I think it can only help with McCall since they play completely different positions.
Not sure if it helps or not, but the Stanford coaches are smart. They can count to 15, unlike their counterparts in Chapel Hill. :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure if it helps or not, but the Stanford coaches are smart. They can count to 15, unlike their counterparts in Chapel Hill. :D

Lets play nice.... no need to poke fun at the folks down in Chapel Hill :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOL good one. but all i meant was that they are putting together a nice class and surrounding McCall with other solid/very good players (potentially if she goes there)...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LOL good one. but all i meant was that they are putting together a nice class and surrounding McCall with other solid/very good players (potentially if she goes there)...
I agree. And I think they are under the 15 limit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I remember seeing her profile up on Hoopsgurlz... and her's was the only one I saw... at least among the top 50 that had no schools of interested listed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I agree. And I think they are under the 15 limit.

This is Stanford's projected roster for next year including three commits from the class of 2013 (Johnson, Samuelson, Thompson):

Ruef (RS Sr)
Green (RS So)
Greenfield (Jr)
Ogwumike (Sr)
James (Sr)
Lakhian (So)
Camp (Jr)
Payne (Jr)
Kokenis (Sr)
Orange (Jr)
Picknell (So)
Beebe (RS Fr)
Samuelson (So)
Samuelson (Fr)
Thompson (Fr)
Johnson (Fr)

McCall would make 17. There must be a walk-on here (Lakhian?) and maybe Ruef won't come back for her extra year of eligibility.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
This is Stanford's projected roster for next year including three commits from the class of 2013 (Johnson, Samuelson, Thompson):

Ruef (RS Sr)
Green (RS So)
Greenfield (Jr)
Ogwumike (Sr)
James (Sr)
Lakhian (So)
Camp (Jr)
Payne (Jr)
Kokenis (Sr)
Orange (Jr)
Picknell (So)
Beebe (RS Fr)
Samuelson (So)
Samuelson (Fr)
Thompson (Fr)
Johnson (Fr)

McCall would make 17. There must be a walk-on here (Lakhian?) and maybe Ruef won't come back for her extra year of eligibility.

Wow, I had no idea Stanford was in this position, namely that they may not have room for McCall

U

UCONNfan1

Wow, I had no idea Stanford was in this position, namely that they may not have room for McCall
Agreed. If that is true, then I wonder if WCBB fans are going to go as bonkers as they did over UNC...

Sakibomb25

Reaction Score
We have room for McCall, don't you worry. And no, it's not an UNC situation. From what I've been told, we have four scholarships for this year's class.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
We have room for McCall, don't you worry. And no, it's not an UNC situation. From what I've been told, we have four scholarships for this year's class.

OK, how do you reconcile that with the projected roster that has been posted by Cat?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Lakhian was slated to be a walk-on but was granted a scholarship for her freshman year. If necessary to make room for McCall she'll probably be a walk-on for her soph season. Tara must not expect/want Ruef to return for a 5th year.

Sakibomb25

Reaction Score
OK, how do you reconcile that with the projected roster that has been posted by Cat?

Lakhian was originally going to walk-on this year, but became a scholarship player when Boothe left. She'll be a walk-on next year. And Ruef is reportedly not coming back next year. So McCall would be the final scholarship player :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lakhian was originally going to walk-on this year, but became a scholarship player when Boothe left. She'll be a walk-on next year. And Ruef is reportedly not coming back next year. So McCall would be the final scholarship player :)
I remember the BY discussing Ruef in terms of whether UConn should try to get her. She has not had nearly as much of an impact at Stanford as I expected.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Kind of treating Lakhian like a yo-yo to make room for McCall IMO. When did Boothe leave, and where did she go?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Kind of treating Lakhian like a yo-yo to make room for McCall IMO. When did Boothe leave, and where did she go?
This is not an unusual situation for walk on players. Coaches will give them a one year scholarship if they have one available with the understanding that it is ONLY for one year. Geno did the same for JF at Uconn - she ended up getting it renewed each year because he had the scholarships and she was fully committed to the program, but had he needed it she knew he would take it away.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is not an unusual situation for walk on players. Coaches will give them a one year scholarship if they have one available with the understanding that it is ONLY for one year. Geno did the same for JF at Uconn - she ended up getting it renewed each year because he had the scholarships and she was fully committed to the program, but had he needed it she knew he would take it away.

I agree. This particular Stanford player was prepared to walk on her freshman year and was granted a scholarship. I'm sure she and her family are grateful, but returning her to the status she was prepared to accept in the first place isn't particularly troubling.

Sakibomb25

Reaction Score

Boothe graduated and elected not to come back for a fifth year, IIRC. And treating Lakhian like a yo-yo? Please. She knew she was a walk-on and it just happened that there was going to be a scholarship available. No underhand shenanigans here.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Boothe graduated and elected not to come back for a fifth year, IIRC. And treating Lakhian like a yo-yo? Please. She knew she was a walk-on and it just happened that there was going to be a scholarship available. No underhand shenanigans here.

Agreed.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I remember the BY discussing Ruef in terms of whether UConn should try to get her. She has not had nearly as much of an impact at Stanford as I expected.

She missed essentially all of last year with a foot injury. Tough to have an impact when you're sitting on the bench in a boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom