Kai Locksley, leaving Texas - 4 star not happy | The Boneyard

Kai Locksley, leaving Texas - 4 star not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6'4 200 lb QB, wide receiver, athlete from Maryland. Have EJ Levenberry and Tre Bell get on the phone and tell him how great it is at UCONN and that we NEED him NOW!

Longhorns WR Kai Locksley to transfer from Texas in search of playing time | SportsDay
Carl -- you are so right on this one. Also, saw online that his father Mike Locksley was formerly the Terps' offensive coordinator and interim coach after Randy Edsall left. If Randy got along with Mike, maybe he can help us out here. Kai may not even have UConn on the radar screen, but would consider it if he knew more about the school and the football program.

Former Gilman quarterback Kai Locksley transferring from Texas after season

Reaction Score
Texas putting up almost 40 per game and starting a freshman. Plus Charlie seems like he's out so a sophomore QB has to think he needs to pick a place where he can sees better chance of competing to play for coach and situation he picks rather than just wait and see who gets hired at Texas. With QB is such a you start or don't play type situation, you need to evaluate what you are and where you are and see if something else gives you better chance. Not always like ND where they essentially told Zach he just wasn't good enough (although not sure what Texas has told him).

Reaction Score
Worth a try. Worst that happens is he says no and goes elsewhere. But it could be a nice pick up.

Reaction Score
Carl -- you are so right on this one. Also, saw online that his father Mike Locksley was formerly the Terps' offensive coordinator and interim coach after Randy Edsall left. If Randy got along with Mike, maybe he can help us out here. Kai may not even have UConn on the radar screen, but would consider it if he knew more about the school and the football program.

Former Gilman quarterback Kai Locksley transferring from Texas after season

Let's hire his Dad, now an offensive analyst at Alabama as new OC and grab a two for one! LOL! What the heck,
Memphis did it with one of their bball coaches and his sons.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mike Locksley would be a great addition for his recruiting ability alone and I imagine his kid would be a nice addition as well. I do want to point out however that a number of years back many on here (actually this board's predecessor) were thrilled when a highly rated QB transferred here from ND. Zach Frazer ended up getting criticized more on the boneyard than any other QB we had under Edsall.

Reaction Score
So his dad is a quality offensive mind and the kid is looking for a new school? Sounds like the perfect situation for us?

Reaction Score
Not that I care anymore (I'm now willing to go "Half Ville"), but Locksley is about as dirty as they come.

I'd bring him in.

I was trying not to go there but yeah... checkered history.

And I believe he was foisted on Randy by AD Kevin Anderson more for recruiting (Stefon Diggs) than OC (I think he got bonuses for recruiting rankings).

Reaction Score
Mike Locksley would be a great addition for his recruiting ability alone and I imagine his kid would be a nice addition as well. I do want to point out however that a number of years back many on here (actually this board's predecessor) were thrilled when a highly rated QB transferred here from ND. Zach Frazer ended up getting criticized more on the boneyard than any other QB we had under Edsall.
Then Zach & Co. went to South Bend, beat the Leprechauns in OT, & the fanbase loved him. Especially after he rifled that pass into the end zone to K. Moore.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think it would be a good idea for someone from Boneyard to formally contact Dave Benedict about Kai Locksley being available, and his father, Mike Locksley, perhaps in a transition job? I can't see this being a threat to Bob Diaco because Mike has not been successful as a head coach. With all the events of this week, there is no way of knowing if Benedict is up to date on the latest news from the Boneyard and elsewhere. Bet Randy Edsall would be glad to take Benedict's call, too. If Benedict is not involved I could see others at UConn just dismissing the idea without much effort. Someone here at Boneyard must have an existing relationship with Benedict.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Do you guys think it would be a good idea for someone from Boneyard to formally contact Dave Benedict about Kai Locksley being available, and his father, Mike Locksley, perhaps in a transition job? I can't see this being a threat to Bob Diaco because Mike has not been successful as a head coach. With all the events of this week, there is no way of knowing if Benedict is up to date on the latest news from the Boneyard and elsewhere. Bet Randy Edsall would be glad to take Benedict's call, too. If Benedict is not involved I could see others at UConn just dismissing the idea without much effort. Someone here at Boneyard must have an existing relationship with Benedict.

I'm sure this will work. ADs at big time programs listen to suggestions from message board posters all the time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Can't be real...

nope1.gif

Honest question... I asked once before and you didn't answer the question. Age +/- by 5 yrs. No matter how hard I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, after a post like this I continue to circle back to the belief that you are just jerking people chains for your own amusement.

If you are for real - call DB and have him check the NCAA waiver wire.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Locksley is a great recruiter but not a great on field coach. I would make him the recruiting coordinator and let him be the quarterback coach.

C

Chief00

Calhoun solicited advice from @Chief00 all the time.

So you never know.

Ha Ha - He never solicited advice from me with one exception but he would listen and act on something using his own terms and timing but leaving one thinking - he actually did considered what I said. He is a very smart guy, keeps bringing it and is willing to make changes if something doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom