Justin Joly making an impact | The Boneyard

Justin Joly making an impact

Reaction Score
Gonna start drawing more attention from the D backfield- Clercius and Ross should be able to take advantage (Charlton).
and they did a little on Saturday ( i.e. the long TD catch for Ross and the sideline dime to Clercius )...

If we play with a sense of urgency (and pay better attention to detail - execution .. OL... no bonehead 15 yard penalties in big spots of the game...) the rest of the way (on every play/down) we gotta chance to finish strong

Reaction Score
is it sad that I'm already scared he'll be poached by P5 NIL money next season :(

Comments like this are the equivalent to the “I hope he stays committed till Signing Day” ones in recruiting threads.

I think folks here understand that in the current environment - I’m not sure it needs to be said in near every thread when a player is doing really well and gets some recognition (see Stafford thread).

NIL risks & benefits appear here to stay.

P.S. Sorry it ended up pointed @ you @PLAYOFFS it’s just happening more and more and wanted to mention it ‘cuz it spins threads out of control and makes them unreadable (see UConn Transfer Portal thread). Just my $.02

Reaction Score
Comments like this are the equivalent to the “I hope he stays committed till Signing Day” ones in recruiting threads.

I think folks here understand that in the current environment - I’m not sure it needs to be said in near every thread when a player is doing really well and gets some recognition (see Stafford thread).

NIL risks & benefits appear here to stay.

P.S. Sorry it ended up pointed @ you @PLAYOFFS it’s just happening more and more and wanted to mention it ‘cuz it spins threads out of control and makes them unreadable (see UConn Transfer Portal thread). Just my $.02
All good. Joly is an awesome player and I'm hyped he's a husky.

Reaction Score
Everything i see that Joly posts… it looks like he really likes the school as much as playing football… so I think he might stay even if he gets a lot of offers from other schools… which he will…I would bet he already got offers after last season

Reaction Score
Everything i see that Joly posts… it looks like he really likes the school as much as playing football… so I think he might stay even if he gets a lot of offers from other schools… which he will…I would bet he already got offers after last season
Storrs really is a great place to be. So many events and things to do while being on a very beautiful campus. Plus the Dairy Bar.

Reaction Score
Overlooked and local recruit like Mitchell. Hope to get more especially with Marinelli on staff.
Have most 2024 recruits decided on a school by now? I saw we have 12 guys rated on 24/7 but that seems a bit low quantity wise.

Reaction Score
is it sad that I'm already scared he'll be poached by P5 NIL money next season :(
Well after the Tenn game, several of their fans were on social media telling him to transfer to the vols…

Reaction Score
The issue with Joly is more than “the bag”. He wants to play with a QB who can get him the ball—and for an OC who knows how to design plays. That’s the sale Mora has to make if he’s to keep him here.

Reaction Score
The current commits are all high school/prep kids. The remaining spots in the 2024 class will most likely lean heavily (but not exclusively) on grabbing incoming JUCO/Transfer kids.
Mora said recently that all the high school slots are filled. The remainder are for portal/juco guys. I think mostly portal.

Joly is a really good player. I’m going to guess all those 2 star rankings were slightly off.

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> The native of New Rochelle, N.Y. leads the Huskies (2-9) in receptions (50) and receiving yards (542). He entered this week's play ranked third in FBS nationally in both categories for tight ends behind only Colorado State's Dallin Holker (59 receptions, 739 yards) and Georgia All-American Brock Bowers (51 receptions, 661 yards). <-

-> For Joly, he knows he has to improve for his junior season and has a plan for December and into 2024.

"I love the game, so I'll probably give myself a week-and-a-half off at the most," Joly said. "I'm going to get back in the weight room but work on my agility instead of lifting a lot of weights and get my muscles loose.

"We're going to use this year as motivation to get better. We'll look back at the season and say we never want to do that again." <-

Reaction Score
No surprise. He was a coveted player by schools with big bags of NIL. He also wants a QB that can get him the dang ball. He’ll find a primo landing spot!

Reaction Score
When you get paid you can’t have the Yips and continue to play like he did here.

Reaction Score
No surprise. He was a coveted player by schools with big bags of NIL. He also wants a QB that can get him the dang ball. He’ll find a primo landing spot!
I've listened to half the games on the radio since I'm overseas this season, so my observations are admittedly not my own, but UConn's own announcers have said time and again that TR "overthrew" or "underthrew" or "just missed" a wide open man. That's got to get old /, especially when the offense is as anemic as ours has been.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom