Just watched the championship game again and... | The Boneyard

Just watched the championship game again and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
we're really going to miss Stef Dolson. She was the heart and soul of this team the past few years. I don't think it will hit home until November when she's not in the lineup, and ESPN doesn't show the obligatory clip of her dancing.

Reaction Score
we're really going to miss Stef Dolson. She was the heart and soul of this team the past few years. I don't think it will hit home until November when she's not in the lineup, and ESPN doesn't show the obligatory clip of her dancing.
How did you see it???

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Took Sonny's link and checked it out again. 5th or 6th time.

Amazing how such a wonderful player as Loyd completely disappeared in the 2nd half.
Our D so much took her out of her game that she just evaporated; amazing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the best parts of this game is the total commitment of MoJeff to defending McBride wherever she is :)

That was great. There was also another moment where a ref was involved that I liked. Stewart saved a ball from going out of bounds and ran into the stanchion doing it. As she recovered and was getting back into the game Dee Kantor gave her a pat on the back acknowledging her good effort. I thought that was pretty cool. At about the 1:23:30 mark.

In another thread someone is throwing around 'what ifs' regarding Anchonwa. Watching this game again....nobody was going to beat UConn that night no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Stef Dolson's personality and play is going to be missed. It is going to be a different team but the outcome will be the same.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with johnnyc. To me, Stef's personality and her unselfishness is going to the things that I miss the most about that special young lady. Just her ability to do the little things like set a screen (moving some of the times but that is on the officials) that allowed a player to drain a 3-pointer, get open for a 2 point shot, or just a screen to keep the offense flowing, she was that player. Or the times that she would get or tip a rebound that sparked a run or two. And lastly, that smile. Stef has a million dollar smile. That young lady is going places.

Reaction Score
I am lucky enough to have taped every UCONN game last year. I needed something to get me through the summer. I watched the Texas A&M game last night. I love to watch opposing coaches reactions. Every time Kaleena would make a 3 he would go crazy. I watch the championship game about 3 times a week.

Stef will be missed more than people think. She had made herself so good, and such a great passer that she became the starting point in our half court offense. It is not only her bball skills, but her great personality also.
I don't think she knew what being a leader was when she first came in, but she made herself into a leader by the time her senior year came around. She will definitely be missed.

I think Bria will be missed also. It will be hard to replace her. She played a lot of minutes, was a 4 year starter, and you could always count on Bria making a play with the clock running down. So what if her outside shooting
was not on par her senior year. She made up for it by making plays, offensively, and defensively.

Who are the leaders that will step into their shoes this year ?

Reaction Score
Also, thanks for the link to the Title game. I saved the game on the DVR, as well as the Stanford game. This is awesome.

Reaction Score
You are certainly welcome. Another BY'er did it for me.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Who are the leaders that will step into their shoes this year ?

MoJeff for sure, KML, Morgan, if she's healthy.

I still remember Kaleena pointing her finger to her head in last season's ND semi, after Steff committed a dumb foul.

And at a Geno show at a staff meeting the discussion went around to the same question you posed and
Marisa answered Moriah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc