Just rewatched the St Joes game | The Boneyard

Just rewatched the St Joes game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
-Looking at the Brimah 3 point play, when he grabbed the rebound off the shabazz missed layup his momentum looked like he was gonna be out of bounds, kept his feet in then made his move towards the basket. Brimah made a lot of hustle plays in that game including the play where he hustles to get us a possession hitting the ball off a St Joes player.

-Kromah was huge in that game, whenever he came into the game Galloway couldn't do anything, he was the one who forced that shot clock violation near the end of regulation

- It was simply guts that won us that game we trailed most of the second half, that St Joes team was scary they scared me way more then Nova. I think they were better then Dayton, they beat both Dayton and VCU in the Atlantic 10 tournament.

Reaction Score
It was guts that won us every game not just St Joes. There is no chance we win the Ship without T-Sam posting back to back double digit games out of nowhere. Total team effort this year. There was a new player that stepped up and did their part all 6 games. Every single player on this team elevated their game in the tourney, especially Daniels and Boat. Watching replays of these games I just can't get over Boatright's "level 5" defense. No player in the tourney competed and executed the level of defense he did.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Brima wasn't fouled on that late put back, we might not of won if not for a bad call.

Reaction Score
Brima wasn't fouled on that late put back, we might not of won if not for a bad call.

But St Joes was on the line way more then Uconn, Brimah got rewarded for the hustle play, and yes he was fouled.

Reaction Score
The St Joes game we didn't play particularly well but we won all the critical plays in that game.

Reaction Score
Brimah was fouled. Kanasevic clearly stuck the leg out and hip checked him as he made his move. It's a sneaky play that he probably gets away with 90% of the time, but it's definitely a foul.

Reaction Score
Just rewatched as well. St Joe's played extremely well, in addition to pulling a few shots out of their ass. If they had any depth at all, that might have been a different outcome. We just wore them down, and once Euro went out, that was it. It was their 5 starters and no one else.

Reaction Score
Just rewatched as well. St Joe's played extremely well, in addition to pulling a few shots out of their ass. If they had any depth at all, that might have been a different outcome. We just wore them down, and once Euro went out, that was it. It was their 5 starters and no one else.
A few?

Reaction Score
A few?

Ha, yeah. The ones that come to mind were these: 1) Euro pump fakes to draw a foul and chucks up a 3 and it goes in. No foul. 2) One of their players (Galloway?) goes up to attempt a highly contested 3, then changes in mid air and tosses an ally oop to his player down low who was barely ready to except the pass. 3) Bembry has the ball nearly under the backboard and is triple teamed and tosses a prayer up high off the backboard and it goes in. I'm sure there's a few more.

Reaction Score
That was also one of those no energy in the building games too. Like a pitcher that throws a no-hitter, there's always one or two close calls. For us, it was St Joes in Round 1 (or 2 or whatever it's called now)

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He was fouled. Kanacevic was turning to attempt to box him out and hip-checked him. You do have to look at both views of the play to see it, but it was a foul (and not contested by either K or their coach).

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Kanacevic doesn't foul out we don't win that game imo.

Reaction Score
If Kanacevic doesn't foul out we don't win that game imo.

Maybe who knows, it was DD that fouled him out in OT, there is usually that one game in the tournament where you need to grind it out and that was definitely that game.

Reaction Score
This team was tough in the tourney. They just had the ability to do more than their opponent whenever they had to. I don't buy that Niang would have made the difference for ISU etc. We would have raised our game just enough.

Reaction Score
This team was tough in the tourney. They just had the ability to do more than their opponent whenever they had to. I don't buy that Niang would have made the difference for ISU etc. We would have raised our game just enough.

Yep we would have found a way no matter what look at all the deficits we overcame, trailing St Joes most of the 2nd half, against Nova losing by almost double digits with Shabazz out for the half with foul trouble then we quickly turn it on I believe that really made us even tougher forcing everyone to elevate their game without Shabazz. Against MSU we trailed by 9 in the second half, then down 16-4 against Florida and quickly making a run to pull ahead then dominated them.

Reaction Score
We were beating ISU by 17 at one point before we decided to take the air out of the ball and let them back in. I don't think Niang would have been enough, given how well we played most of the game and given that Niang was a net negative defender, so I doubt he stops us from scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom