July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno recently commented on Mir McLean saying that she has a higher vertical leap than any player he has ever had. This sort of floored me as Gaby was a world class leaper.
Gabby could do the Fosbury Flop over a bar a little more than 6'2" off the ground. Geno's statement, which may include hyperbole, refers to jumping straight up.

I've been Mir a couple of times in person. I'm not certain whether she can dunk or not, but I can tell you that she rebounds well above the rim and gets up faster than anyone not named Gabby Williams. Mir is very exciting to watch. She elicits lots of oohs and aahs from the spectators.

I would love to see a contest in terms of who can touch highest on the backboard among Gabby, Aubrey, and Mir. Aubrey is 2" taller and longer, so she may have an advantage, but Mir and Gabby just explode off the floor. Check out Mir's videos.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

I do not know how the angle affects this photo but it would seem to confirm the establish heights of Fudd and Parrish as 5'11" and 6'1" respectively. Bueckers height has been more variably reported, but from here it appears the 6'0" estimates are more accurate than 5'11".

Reaction Score
The real talent of Gabby was in how quickly she rose and got her hands on the ball. There were other, taller players, who could get higher but by the time they hit their apex Gabby was on the ground again with the ball. I saw a degree of that same quick springs in Griffin, who I am confident will emerge this season. This year she starts the season knowing she belonged.

Reaction Score
This was a very high-level AAU game between GTS Fusion and All Iowa Attack:

Reaction Score
Gabby was able to master the famous famous Fosbury Flop. Of course Notre Dame had a great deal of luck over the years with the famous "ND Flop" which which was more horizontal than vertical, if I remember correctly!:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby was able to master the famous famous Fosbury Flop. Of course Notre Dame had a great deal of luck over the years with the famous "ND Flop" which which was more horizontal than vertical, if I remember correctly!:rolleyes:
On the offensive end, several ND players were quite adroit at the “flip and flop.” In fact, it cost us the 2011 championship.

Reaction Score
and not to be forgotten, Arike with the trifecta " trip, throat, mouth"

Does anyone know if this play was ever reviewed or brought to the attention of the NCAA??! I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt, but this action is reprehensible and could have resulted in serious injury.

“in a world where you can be anything... be KIND”

Reaction Score
this is GTS Fusion

CCA0EB2C-BECE-46A5-B129-D8EDC22490D3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads