Josh Perkins Cuts List to 5 | The Boneyard

Josh Perkins Cuts List to 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing as Kentucky hasn't offered (have they?), who is our top competition here? UCLA? Let's get him on campus and see what Ollie can do.

Reaction Score
Seeing as Kentucky hasn't offered (have they?), who is our top competition here? UCLA? Let's get him on campus and see what Ollie can do.
Read the article. Talks about Kentucky and where they stand.

Reaction Score

UCLA for sure. They're recruiting other point guards, but who knows if any of them are going to commit in the next month. Perkins could beat all of them to the punch if he wants to stay out west.

Reaction Score
Love the kids game but not feeling the love here......may need a visit to change but it will have to be a closer if he comes - if he leaves here w/o a verbal he's elsewhere just a feeling........

The Kentucky thing concerns me - dad seems very smart about everything else but should tell him to let go NOW, they don't want you like the others.

Reaction Score
I feel if he gets a UK offer he will commit there. He will visit here and I believe Ollie will have a major impact on Josh and his dad. If there's no UK offer our biggest competition I feel is UCLA.

Reaction Score
Kentucky wants Mudiay and UCLA is supposedly in the lead for Mclaughlin. I do not see Kentucky offering before his 8/25 deadline.

D

Deleted member 3149

Perkins is the missing piece to the puzzle. Why wouldn't he want to be the next UConn PG?

Ollie, El-Amin, Brown, Williams, Price, Walker, Napier, PERKINS.

Reaction Score
one thing from the article that bothered me was that his father says he needs a lot of touches and wouldn't fit well with a SG that need touches. he's a pass first point guard so of course he should have the ball but mainly to distribute. pass first point guards should want as many weapons as they can get around them. he'd fit great in a backcourt of calhoun and dh, but i wonder if purvis complicates things for josh and his dad.

Reaction Score
one thing from the article that bothered me was that his father says he needs a lot of touches and wouldn't fit well with a SG that need touches. he's a pass first point guard so of course he should have the ball but mainly to distribute. pass first point guards should want as many weapons as they can get around them. he'd fit great in a backcourt of calhoun and dh, but i wonder if purvis complicates things for josh and his dad.

Fair concern......and you are correct in assuming the competition is speaking out of line on Rodney no matter!!

Reaction Score
One giant question that remains is can Purvis play the Point. If he can't we need a point guard who is ready to start from day one. I don't think Samuels will be ready for that role. I think Hamilton Perkins and Abu would be the ideal class maybe add a lower ranked guy. Have the lineup look like this.

PG-Perkins Purvis
SG-Calhoun Purvis
SF-Hamilton Purvis
PF-Abu/Facey
C-Nolan/Facey

Brimah Samuels and Tolksdorf get minutes where they can. Who knows if Purvis would ok being the 6th man. He would get plenty of time.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is it looks like we're getting a visit - nothing else matters. I have no idea if he'll commit or not, but if you've listened to Ollie talk, you know we at least has a puncher's chance. He's worried about touches? All we need is for Ollie to give him the "You're blessed with the opportunity to come here and maximize your potential every day. Some people can't even get out of bed by themselves every day, so here, we aren't worried about touches, or playing in the postseason, we're just concerned about loving each other and building on the legacy of UConn basketball" speech, and we're all set.

Reaction Score
One giant question that remains is can Purvis play the Point. If he can't we need a point guard who is ready to start from day one. I don't think Samuels will be ready for that role. I think Hamilton Perkins and Abu would be the ideal class maybe add a lower ranked guy. Have the lineup look like this.

PG-Perkins Purvis
SG-Calhoun Purvis
SF-Hamilton Purvis
PF-Abu/Facey
C-Nolan/Facey

Brimah Samuels and Tolksdorf get minutes where they can. Who knows if Purvis would ok being the 6th man. He would get plenty of time.

If we didn't land Perkins or another top flight PG(Joseph, McLaughlin) I think Hamilton would probably be able to play PG better than anyone else on the team. I don't want anyone to interpret this as me saying he would be as good as senior year version of Brandon Roy but I think he could function in a similar fashion, SG who initiated the offense. And yea, I think it would be pretty tough for Purvis to transfer to an off the bench role.

Reaction Score

PG-Perkins Purvis
SG-Calhoun Purvis
SF-Hamilton Purvis
PF-Abu/Facey
C-Nolan/Facey

You are assuming that Purvis has the ball skills and head to play PG. I'm not so sure about that one.

Reaction Score
Think I might agree with you ace. The biggest question is can Purvis Hamilton Calhoun play together?

Their is still a chance that Daniels and Boat will be back however that is very unlikely. But neither is that highly thought of.

Reaction Score
You are assuming that Purvis has the ball skills and head to play PG. I'm not so sure about that one.

Actually the opposite im assuming he cant play the point for long stretches. Only in a backup role in spurts.

Reaction Score
If we didn't land Perkins or another top flight PG(Joseph, McLaughlin) I think Hamilton would probably be able to play PG better than anyone else on the team. I don't want anyone to interpret this as me saying he would be as good as senior year version of Brandon Roy but I think he could function in a similar fashion, SG who initiated the offense. And yea, I think it would be pretty tough for Purvis to transfer

PG-Perkins Purvis
SG-Calhoun Purvis
SF-Hamilton Purvis
PF-Abu/Facey
C-Nolan/Facey

I think in this scenario Hamilton would start at the four, Calhoun would play the three, Purvis the two, and Perkins the one. Facey would be the rover man splitting minutes at the four and five and Nolan and Abu would battle for the remaining minutes. Either way, that would be the deepest team since 11-12, so deep that somebody might see the writing on the wall and transfer.

Additionally, the consensus here seems to be Daniels and Boatright will go pro and Calhoun will stick around, but I wouldn't be shocked if Calhoun emerged as the second scoring option next season and either Daniels or Boatright returned.

Reaction Score
Actually the opposite im assuming he cant play the point for long stretches. Only in a backup role in spurts.

Correct. And that's the only time you'd see Purvis, OC, and Hamilton on the floor at once, unless Hamilton can play the 4.

Reaction Score
I guess we'll have to see. I wasn't sure Daniels would be able to play the four last season, but he more than held his own. I've seen Hamilton listed at 6'8 on certain websites and 6'6 other places, which usually means he's closer to 6'6. We'll see if he continues to grow over the next year.

Reaction Score
I guess we'll have to see. I wasn't sure Daniels would be able to play the four last season, but he more than held his own. I've seen Hamilton listed at 6'8 on certain websites and 6'6 other places, which usually means he's closer to 6'6. We'll see if he continues to grow over the next year.

I think he officially measured at 6'8.5 in shoes this summer. That being said, it takes a lot more than being tall to play down low, and daniel seems to have more of a Durant type build and skillset. I'm guessing he will play on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom