Josh McDaniels | The Boneyard

Josh McDaniels

Reaction Score
Official thread to hire Josh McDaniels as our next Offensive Coordinator. Former Pats OC loves the New England area!
I don't know if you are being serious or just joking, but I will respond as if you are being serious.

Here are some issues or concerns with McDaniel to UConn as OC:

1) simply for prestige he would rather be a OC in the NFL or at minimum a top football program, which UConn isn't. Coming to UConn is quite the demotion for him
2) UConn doesn't have enough money to offer him to compensate for point #1, although he is getting a hefty buyout from the Raiders so money might not be as big of an issue with his next stop
3) would he even be able to scheme good strategy at this level? The Raiders offense wasn't all that good with him

Reaction Score
We pay our coordinators an average of 65 cents and are too cheap to hire a defensive coordinator.

McDaniels will have roughly 1,000 better opportunities then a coordinator position at UCONN.

(And I know this thread was made on jest)

Reaction Score
We don't have a Brady.

I'd sooner take my chances with Matt Canada, who will be available soon, and will be looking to go back to the college game.
The same goes for Matt Canada - he will have a ton of better opportunities than a poorly paid offensive coordinator position here.

Reaction Score
Since it’s fantasy, hire Brady too.
This is the real play. It'd be like the real life version of Little Giants when the All Madden bus breaks down and teaches the kids how to play football.

Reaction Score
I like it. There’s also wide speculation that Belichik will be out at the end of the year.
Could reunite the two of them in Storrs.

What’s Romeo Cornell up to ?
Why not bring back Charlie Weis and Dante Scarnecchia -make it a three headed coaching hydra?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Why not bring back Charlie Weis and Dante Scarnecchia -make it a three headed coaching hydra?
Scott Pioli as AD or will Bill B want that job for himself?

Reaction Score
I would love to have McDaniels as an OC. At least he is creative and understands how to run an offense, but I know for a fact he wouldn't come here. He can make 5-10 times more as an OC in the NFL than here at UConn where he'll get what? 350k and 600k if we're extremely generous and screw the rest of the staff? It would be cool because that would be such a great recruiting tool having the OC for Brady and Superbowl champs.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell what's "fantasy" these days since some posters still think we'll get into the B1G

It's happening

Reaction Score
Raiders look super happy playing for Antonio Pierce instead of Josh McDaniels of course they played the Giants yesterday.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Official thread to hire Josh McDaniels as our next Offensive Coordinator. Former Pats OC loves the New England area!
Hated by Raiders players wouldn't take long here

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I like it. There’s also wide speculation that Belichik will be out at the end of the year.
Could reunite the two of them in Storrs.

What’s Romeo Cornell up to ?
Not sure Kraft is gonna eat the recent extension he just gave him

Reaction Score
Just sign Alex Grinch. He's the best offensive coordinator in college football;)
;)

Reaction Score

Hilarious if this is actually true, McDaniels still salty about 2007.

Reaction Score
Yeah, thanks but no thanks, that's a hard no. The guy is a train wreck

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom