Jordin Canada--possible issue? | The Boneyard

Jordin Canada--possible issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jordin is an outstanding guard from So. Cal. I like what I read about her, even more than what I read about Recee Caldwell, the recent UCLA commit. Geno is said to be very high on Jordin.

Based on Jim Fuller's report, a new piece of info has surfaced, and it has me concerned. Jordin's coach is Vanessa Nygaard, the former STANFORD star. So, our highest PG priority is now a kid from California with ties to Stanford. This could be a real challenge to lure her aware from the Cardinal.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Geno should beway:rolleyes: of this possibility.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who her finalists are but I wouldn't be at all sad if she went to Stanford. I mean I would be disappointed that UCONN may have missed out on its 2 "PG" options for 2014 so maybe they need to look deeper if that seems to be the case.

Kelsey Mitchell (altho apparently a package deal with a less talented sister - maybe that would satisfy Geno's #'s problem if the sister is approx as good as a walk on type), Gabby Green (CA), Sadie Edwards (NY), Bianca Cuevas (NY altho I think I read she has no interest in UCONN), Mikayle Venson (VA) - All guards in the top 20 and presumably in the Brianna Banks talent level.

Reaction Score
At this time I believe UCONN has seven scholarships (including the one verbal they already have) remaining for 2014, so why not go after Kelsey Mitchell and her sister. UCONN would still have five scholarships to go after Turner and two or three other recruits.

Reaction Score
... why not go after Kelsey Mitchell and her sister. UCONN would still have five scholarships to go after Turner and two or three other recruits.
Geno has a well-founded aversion to "package deals" and I don't blame him. What's in the package often bites you in the nose when you examine the contents.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That would have also been Imani Stafford's coach as well, correct?

And she went to Texas! So let's not give up hope just yet!

Reaction Score
Mitchell does not fit the UConn mold and will not be recruited. Just because you are a good player does not mean you can play at UConn.

Reaction Score
Mitchell does not fit the UConn mold and will not be recruited. Just because you are a good player does not mean you can play at UConn.

I haven't seen Mitchell at all, so could you please clarify why she does not fit the u Conn mold? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I haven't seen Mitchell at all, so could you please clarify why she does not fit the u Conn mold? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
I wish I could find the article, it was done by one of the recruiting services (Hoop Gurlz, ASGR, Blue Star) but at the USA basketball trials she was sent home early for problems between her and the coaches even though she was the best guard while she was there by all accounts. Things like wearing her jersey backwards and refusing to turn it around because it "represented her individuality." Since reading the article I have never once thought she would be on UConn's radar...

Reaction Score
I doubt Geno would waste his time with a player he thought was sure to go somewhere else. Just by the fact that he is going to see her play tells me there is serious interest on both sides. Have heard that Jordin Canada like Uconn. Does that mean she'll committ here? No, but you can't win if you don't play. I would take Geno as a recruiter over anybody else.

Reaction Score
Jordin won't go to Stanford. Right now, she's Duke's to lose. Duke has become a popular destination for California African-American girls. The last player that I recall was admitted to Stanford but didn't attend was Chloe Wells and she ended up at Duke. Everyone loves Vanessa but I think her club coach Kinnebrew has more pull with her. It would be a feather in his club cap to have a player of his at Uconn but I don't think he's interested in that. My unofficial ranking for Jordin is Duke 1, Uconn distant 2 but with a bullitt.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Jordin won't go to Stanford. Right now, she's Duke's to lose. Duke has become a popular destination for California African-American girls. The last player that I recall was admitted to Stanford but didn't attend was Chloe Wells and she ended up at Duke. Everyone loves Vanessa but I think her club coach Kinnebrew has more pull with her. It would be a feather in his club cap to have a player of his at Uconn but I don't think he's interested in that. My unofficial ranking for Jordin is Duke 1, Uconn distant 2 but with a bullitt.

Troll alert. Absolutely no board history and intends to give us the complete inside scoop on a west coast player. Nice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think Vanessa would steer Jordin away from UConn, but the Stanford connection is obvious. Is Jordin able to get into Stanford? I have no idea. It's good to hear that Jordin likes UConn, but we have finished second or third with some kids that Geno wanted.

I think a player named Canada clearly belongs in the UConn.

Reaction Score
why would Kelsey Mitchell's sister walk-on to uconn when she has offers from L'ville, Michigan, Kentucky, Cincy and Xavier?? Yes Uconn is 10x better then all those program but why pay out of your own pocket when she can go to school for free. Lol. I just hope they go to Cincy so that JE can get her first REAL good player....

I'm not sure who her finalists are but I wouldn't be at all sad if she went to Stanford. I mean I would be disappointed that UCONN may have missed out on its 2 "PG" options for 2014 so maybe they need to look deeper if that seems to be the case.

Kelsey Mitchell (altho apparently a package deal with a less talented sister - maybe that would satisfy Geno's #'s problem if the sister is approx as good as a walk on type), Gabby Green (CA), Sadie Edwards (NY), Bianca Cuevas (NY altho I think I read she has no interest in UCONN), Mikayle Venson (VA) - All guards in the top 20 and presumably in the Brianna Banks talent level.

Reaction Score
Does Stanford have a lock on every west coast recruit?I agree,that Geno must have some confidence in her being a fit for the Huskie program,and wouldn't waste his time if she seemed like a lock to go elsewhere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does Stanford have a lock on every west coast recruit?I agree,that Geno must have some confidence in her being a fit for the Huskie program,and wouldn't waste his time if she seemed like a lock to go elsewhere.
Lock? No. Inside track (with those academically qualified)? It seems so.

Reaction Score
Nygaard isn't a heavy Stanford influence at all. If UCONN is going to be watchful of someone, it's USC. They're more in the mix than anybody you think.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I don't think Vanessa would steer Jordin away from UConn, but the Stanford connection is obvious. Is Jordin able to get into Stanford? I have no idea. It's good to hear that Jordin likes UConn, but we have finished second or third with some kids that Geno wanted.

I think a player named Canada clearly belongs in the UConn.

More like the greatness of the UConn needs to belong in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom