Jon Rothstein Talks to Coach Calhoun | The Boneyard

Jon Rothstein Talks to Coach Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And posted some of the highlights on Twitter. Here's what Calhoun had to say:

• Calhoun on Andre Drummond "He's the 2nd most likely player in this draft to have a terrific NBA career behind Anthony Davis."
  • Calhoun on Drummond "He's a great kid + a very hard worker. He just has to understand this is a profession. He did improve for us last yr."
  • Calhoun on Jeremy Lamb "He could go into the game tonight bw the Heat + the Thunder + score baskets. He could avg 15-16 PPG in his 2nd yr."
  • Calhoun on Lamb cont'd "People shouldn't think of him as laid back. He's not that way. He's got a personality to him."
  • Calhoun on Lamb cont'd "He always worked out 2X a day, now it's up to 3. In 5 years, he'll be a 20 PPG scorer in the NBA."
  • Calhoun on Lamb compared to Rip Hamilton "He is more of a long distance threat than Rip. He's a 3-point shooter and is 7-ft long."
  • Calhoun on UCONN next year "We have different ways we can play. We're going to play faster, be more like a pest."
  • Calhoun on not playing in the postseason "We don't expect the NCAA 2 change their mind but we're still going 2 play. We've been there b4."
  • Calhoun on Omar Calhoun "He knows how to play. He will get to the foul lines. He's a 10 PPG guy."
  • Calhoun on Holy Cross transfer RJ Evans "Fifth year players make a difference. He's older. He'll help us."
  • Calhoun on Tyler Olander "He's up to 6-9, 245 pounds. He's going to have to be big for us inside."
  • Calhoun on Ryan Boatright "He's going to be one of the best athletes we've ever had at UCONN. He's going to be a terrific player."
  • Calhoun on Deandre Daniels "He's got to be better for us than he was a freshman. We're going to need him more next year."
  • Calhoun on UCONN's chemistry "We have less talent than we had last yr but last yr we had more talent than 2 years ago + look at the result."
  • Calhoun on Shabazz Napier "He and Ryan Boatright are both capable of getting 20 PPG on a given night."
  • Calhoun on if he'll play some 4G sets "It depends on how our young bigs are. Guys like Enosch Wolf + Phil Nolan will be very important."

Reaction Score
Good interview. Over the last year or so, Rothstein has become a must read/listen when it comes to college basketball. I follow him on twitter and you can see that he does his homework and knows his stuff. Always speaks highly of JC and UConn too...just wanted to throw that in there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really do hope they become the pressing and running team of old. Even though I do like the pound it inside to the bigs. This year we can't do that like in the past

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the NCAA doesn't use current data, and hope springs eternal, that uptempo basketball will take some of the sting out of not playing for the post season.

Reaction Score
I do enjoy following Rothstein but I do not recall him ever writing anything negative. So I take his" reports" with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Calhoun on Ryan Boatright "He's going to be one of the best athletes we've ever had at UCONN. He's going to be a terrific player."

Have to love summer calhoun.. boatright will be very good, but best athletes or one of the best

Reaction Score
I do enjoy following Rothstein but I do not recall him ever writing anything negative. So I take his" reports" with a grain of salt.

Yea, everyone is "off the charts". Also, "this player has a lot of that player in him" gets tiring when he keeps firing them off one after another.

Reaction Score
Yea, everyone is "off the charts". Also, "this player has a lot of that player in him" gets tiring when he keeps firing them off one after another.

I remember being really excited in the preseason last year after he went to a UConn practice and called DeAndre Daniels "off the charts." So I was disappointed when just a few days later, he described a Philly Cheesesteak he had just eaten as "OFF THE CHARTS!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom