Jon Lester | The Boneyard

Jon Lester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I read this AM what the Sox had to say about Jon Lester but I am not buying it. I think he has an injury. He has had five straight poor starts so it is becoming a trend. Too many good people are watching him so I don't think it is mechanics. I hope I am just being a pessimist.

Reaction Score
His command has been way off---he is missing his spots (where the catcher sets up) by several inches regularly. Not sure if it is mechanics or an injury but it is killing him. If an injury--hard to believe they would let him go out there and pitch hurt (if he is telling them he is hurt).

Reaction Score
His fastball velocity was as good as its been over the past 5 starts but his cutter velocity was down a good 2-3 mph. He's also had no control is last 3 starts. So hopefully it's just mechanics but who knows.

Reaction Score
His command has been way off---he is missing his spots (where the catcher sets up) by several inches regularly. Not sure if it is mechanics or an injury but it is killing him. If an injury--hard to believe they would let him go out there and pitch hurt (if he is telling them he is hurt).
He is telling the Sox that he is not hurt but that is the same thing that Lackey was saying two years ago before he was shut down for Tommy John surgery. Something is definitely not right and if it were mechanics, you would think that John Farrell and Nieves would have seen something by now. I think it is possible that pitchers have injuries and do not realize that they are serious.

Reaction Score
May be something with his mechanics because his fastball velocity is still good. I don't know what his problem is but he seems to be reverting back to the old Lester who nibbled too much and didn't trust his stuff.

Reaction Score
Another bad outing for Lester. In his last six games he is 0-3 with an ERA of 7.20. In 35 innings he has given up 47 hits. Right now he is the least effective of the five starters. The Sox need to figure this one out. They can't just keep throwing him out there and hoping that something will change.

Reaction Score
Another bad outing for Lester. In his last six games he is 0-3 with an ERA of 7.20. In 35 innings he has given up 47 hits. Right now he is the least effective of the five starters. The Sox need to figure this one out. They can't just keep throwing him out there and hoping that something will change.

Try throwing Tex, Wells and all the other stiffs out to swing.........it's painful huh........promise Lester is less painful than some of the things we're trotting out there:eek:

Reaction Score
Try throwing Tex, Wells and all the other stiffs out to swing.........it's painful huh........promise Lester is less painful than some of the things we're trotting out there:eek:
I feel your pain. Yet who expected the Sox and the Yanks to be contending this year. Jeter, Granderson and Pineda could do wonders for the pin stripers and the Sox have some great prospects down at Pawtucket. Hope springs eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom