Johnny Mac is all class | The Boneyard

Johnny Mac is all class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was nice to JM contribute to a win.

I was not his biggest fan as starter but the kid set a standard on how to handle a demotion with class. He never stopped being a team guy and he earned a nice reward yesterday. Very happy for the young man. He has represented the university very well. It was also a nice reward for the Mac family, bet they loved it.

Reaction Score
His family flies in from California for every game---even when he had little chance this year of seeing the field. Nice surprise yesterday though it came at the expense of Whitmer's injury.

Reaction Score

I was not his biggest fan as starter but the kid set a standard on how to handle a demotion with class. He never stopped being a team guy and he earned a nice reward yesterday. Very happy for the young man. He has represented the university very well. It was also a nice reward for the Mac family, bet they loved it.

I agree. Really an under-appreciated guy. His biggest issue is pocket presence, but otherwise he is not bad, IMO. People also forget:

1) He was a walk-on.
2) He has one year experience under his belt - so probably improved year to year
3) His performance last year at Cincy, a 35-27 loss, where we actually scored 21 pts in the second half - a nightmare first quarter, however.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201112030098

4) From the above link, he had throws of 29, 25, 25, 26, 10, 14 and a total of 255 yards.

I am not trying to prove or advocate anything, other than he has tried his best and our team has benefited from it last game.

Reaction Score
On the road against a ranked opponent that had all the momentum, and the moment was not too big for him. Kudos to him. He may be a little over matched physically for this level but he is all heart and always looks like he had a great time out there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I got a kick out of seeing his old man on the screen yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom