John A.: Cardoza senses Genos influence on Stewie | The Boneyard

John A.: Cardoza senses Genos influence on Stewie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“She is a hell of a player. I voted for her for [preseason conference] player of the year,” Cardoza said. “And I have been watching her closely since the Big East tournament last season. I am certain Coach [Geno Auriemma] had a talk with her, maybe even reamed her out a little, just like he’s done with every other freshman who he’s had to remind what is expected from them. He has always had that conversation with his players and you can tell he had it with her [Stewart].

LINK

Reaction Score
That is why Geno is a HOFer............Also, why great players want to be made better by UCONN...........

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno probably did say something to Stewie......... and it has helped in her maturation and development as a player. And she is definitely playing a better all-around game and playing with more confidence. Whatever he said or did is working and you can see the results.

If UConn should go on a win the NC in 2014 , she should be voted the NPOY. Currently , Odyssey Sims is garnering a lot of attention in that area , and rightfully so. But if her play only gets them to a possible Sweet 16 and Stewie's play takes UConn to a NC , it should be Stewie's trophy........ IMHO.

Reaction Score
Geno probably did say something to Stewie.... and it has helped in her maturation and development as a player. And she is definitely playing a better all-around game and playing with more confidence. Whatever he said or did is working and you can see the results.

If UConn should go on a win the NC in 2014 , she should be voted the NPOY. Currently , Odyssey Sims is garnering a lot of attention in that area , and rightfully so. But if her play only gets them to a possible Sweet 16 and Stewie's play takes UConn to a NC , it should be Stewie's trophy... IMHO.
But it's not only Stewart's play that makes UConn go. It's a team effort, and it feels like a lot of people think the team is composed of Stewart and a bunch of scrubs. Can we at least wait until she puts together one full good season before we anoint her the greatest thing since Michael Jordan? Believe it or not, UConn won championships and games, lots of games, long before Stewart picked up her first basketball, and they will continue to do so in two years after she graduates. I could be totally wrong on this, but I'm guessing UConn winning last year had just a little bit to do with the play of Faris, Hartley, Dolson, and Mosqueda-Lewis.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But it's not only Stewart's play that makes UConn go. It's a team effort, and it feels like a lot of people think the team is composed of Stewart and a bunch of scrubs. Can we at least wait until she puts together one full good season before we anoint her the greatest thing since Michael Jordan? Believe it or not, UConn won championships and games, lots of games, long before Stewart picked up her first basketball, and they will continue to do so in two years after she graduates. I could be totally wrong on this, but I'm guessing UConn winning last year had just a little bit to do with the play of Faris, Hartley, Dolson, and Mosqueda-Lewis.
We'll see in time what Stewie's legacy is. She lost as many games in her first year as Maya did in her 4-year career. But Stewie got a national championship as a frosh and has the potential for a 4-peat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom