John A.: Breanna's long term goals | The Boneyard

John A.: Breanna's long term goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“We talked about my goals and ways I need to need to reach them,” Stewart said. “It was an unexpected conversation. I just walked into his office to say hello. It was an off day. And I sat down and we ended up talking for a long time. It helped. I think sometimes that critiquing everything you do and how you approach practice helps you see things differently.”

LINK

Reaction Score
“We talked about my goals and ways I need to need to reach them,” Stewart said. “It was an unexpected conversation. I just walked into his office to say hello. It was an off day. And I sat down and we ended up talking for a long time. It helped. I think sometimes that critiquing everything you do and how you approach practice helps you see things differently.”

LINK
And I think goals like winning a national championship every year, not just win one national championship. I want to win four if I’m going to be here for four years.’’

IF?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
And I think goals like winning a national championship every year, not just win one national championship. I want to win four if I’m going to be here for four years.’’

IF?

Way too funny. I was going to reply to that quote as well with a satirical post saying that she might not stay all four years.

Now I don't have to. Sad thing is, you really think there could be a chance she leaves early.

Thanks Sonny. You never let me down.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I saw that quote and I immediately thought someone is going to post that on the Boneyard and highlight the "if." I then dismissed that thought and said to myself: "no way will someone actually question whether Breanna will be at UConn for 4 years."

When will I learn to trust my first instinct. This board is a funny place.

BTW, another version of Stewie's comment is as follows:

"I want to be the best player in the country," she said. "I want to obviously win a national championship, and I think the goal is winning a national championship every year, not just one. I'm going to be here for four years."
http://www.theday.com/article/20140129/SPORT06/301299921/1044

Last edited:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Saying if like that is a typical Syracuse way of talking. If I'm going to the dance (implied then), I'm going to wear my shoes out...If I'm going to the banquet, I'm going to eat my heart out...It means as long as I'm doing something...then whatever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom