Joanne P. McCallie: I Am Not Buying | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Joanne P. McCallie: I Am Not Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Amber Henson was one of Coach Ps major recruiting success, could have been our [Stewart ]
but so far just a so-so role player [ numerous operations ] When you go back and look at our
injuries to one of our key players when a lot of these games against the best were played the
record is not as bad. With the talent now to stay full court she may occasionally surprise
a few top teams but it sure would be nice to have your Geno in Cameron with coach K.
I know dream on.

Amber Henson never had the talent that Breanna Steward did. A healthy Henson could have been an Iciss Tillis-type, but not a Breanna Stewart.

As an aside, the losses to UConn were with Chelsea Gray and Alexis Jones, before the injuries.

As another aside, Duke lost Monique Currie to a season-ending injury (in a preseason game) in 2002-2003 and made the Final Four. The last year that Willtalk is so fond of referencing - 2006-2007 - had Chante Black miss the entire year, with a freshman Joy Cheek as the backup power forward and center. Yet Duke went undefeated in the regular season (and that was after losing Monique Currie, Mistie Bass, and Jessica Foley) to graduation.

Injuries happen. Duke has had a lot of injuries. But there were non-competitive losses before the injuries took place. And there were still losses to significantly lower-seeded teams, post-injuries.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Amber Henson never had the talent that Breanna Steward did. A healthy Henson could have been an Iciss Tillis-type, but not a Breanna Stewart.

As an aside, the losses to UConn were with Chelsea Gray and Alexis Jones, before the injuries.

As another aside, Duke lost Monique Currie to a season-ending injury (in a preseason game) in 2002-2003 and made the Final Four. The last year that Willtalk is so fond of referencing - 2006-2007 - had Chante Black miss the entire year, with a freshman Joy Cheek as the backup power forward and center. Yet Duke went undefeated in the regular season (and that was after losing Monique Currie, Mistie Bass, and Jessica Foley) to graduation.

Injuries happen. Duke has had a lot of injuries. But there were non-competitive losses before the injuries took place. And there were still losses to significantly lower-seeded teams, post-injuries.

Ok she has no good qualities in your eyes and I said Amber could have been our Stewart
even in playing at half her level.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Ok she has no good qualities in your eyes and I said Amber could have been our Stewart
even in playing at half her level.
I'll take Stewie and give you pre-injury Amber and 10 points. First to 20 wins. Hell, first to 15 wins, and I would pick Stewie 10 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom