JJ Albrea foul on Ray Allen OT | The Boneyard

JJ Albrea foul on Ray Allen OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JJ Albrea gets kicked out of game after flagrant foul on Ray Allen. The announcers were doing their best Bob Eucker homer impersonation, at first saying Ray Allen wanting no part of him when one of his player and a ref were holding him back and then saying Albrea was just standing there when replays showed him backing away from Allen. Funniest part is listening to the homer announcers completely missing reality in the whole thing.

Reaction Score
"It wasn't a dirty play"?? What a douchbag announcer....it was a flying block......

Reaction Score
I still wonder what ray was trying to accomplish by running at JJ BAREA. you know you're not gonna throw a punch just let the refs deal with it. nba players, especially those with egos like BAREA, aren't going to get intimidated by all that yelling/stomping.

Reaction Score
"It wasn't a dirty play"?? What a douchbag announcer....it was a flying block......

If Ray Ray did the same thing to JJ, the announcers would be upset, wanting a flagrant, etc.

Reaction Score
Barea is clearly in cahoots with Seth Davis and Doug Gottlieb. This is obviously a scheme to make Ray look bad and hurt Ollie's recruiting efforts.

Reaction Score
JJ Albrea lmao, the officials do a very poor job settling these scuffles. I thought it should have been a flagrant 1 to be honest. It shouldnt take 20 minutes to decide what the foul should be you make the call and move on. The officials slow down the game so much its unwatchable.

Reaction Score
Barrea is dirty. When he was at Northeastern he punched Taylor Coppenwrath of UVM below the belt.

Reaction Score
Didn't look like that was an ejection worthy foul. JJ Barea is an annoying gnat though. what the is he talking for given his on court performance. he is maybe two years away from people forgetting he plays in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Who jj? The guy who helped the mavs win a title? cool your jets Allen shouldnt be getting his panties in a twist.i love ray but he often gets into it too much for a role player. recently he was yapping at the rockets until harden utterly destroyed him. Bottom line he's too old for that

Reaction Score
Wow I've seen chest bumps more physical than that. JJ retaliated for Ray's push. That was not ejection worthy by any means. Good thing it didn't get ugly for Ray Allen's 'unblemished' career sake.

It is good to know that our Ray has favor with the refs. He is in Jordan and other's category in that department.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The announcers were so ridiculously biased against Ray... but I agree that the shove itself shouldn't have resulted in an ejection for Barea.

I believe he got a flagrant 1 for the shove (which was deserved) and then kept yapping at Ray after the fact (calling him a ) which earned him a 2nd flagrant and ejection.

Reaction Score
JJ Barea averages 19 minutes and 8 points on his career. Thats a lot of talking for a role player. When you shove someone to the ground, what do you expect them to do? Just stand their and say aw shucks? He also went off in the press at length. Ray Allen has been in this league a long time, and is a future hall of famer. Definitely wasnt flagarant 2 worthy, but maybe Ray just got a little respect from the refs on this one.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it looks like Ray flopped, and he did give JJ a big shove before he drove....they were both chippy there

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The announcers were so ridiculously biased against Ray... but I agree that the shove itself shouldn't have resulted in an ejection for Barea.

I believe he got a flagrant 1 for the shove (which was deserved) and then kept yapping at Ray after the fact (calling him a ) which earned him a 2nd flagrant and ejection.
Yep. At that point it's a time bomb. Had to get him out of there.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Well part of a flagrant 2 call is whatever the refs deem to be excessive vulgarity, so maybe it was something Barrea said that pushed it up a notch to a flagrant 2.

caw

Reaction Score
Didn't look like that was an ejection worthy foul. JJ Barea is an annoying gnat though. what the is he talking for given his on court performance. he is maybe two years away from people forgetting he plays in the NBA.

Reports I've seen say that the refs had issued a verbal warning to JJ a few minutes prior.

Reaction Score
Yeah it was a flagrant 1, then a tech after for the ejection.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
LOVE RAY BUT SINCE JOINING LEBRON HE HAS BECOME A BIT PRIMA DONA - far from a flagrant 2 - Barea would be hard for Ray to handle if there was a scuffle, he is a wildman I know someone who went to school with him at NEU and was living on same floor as him - said he was quiet and nice but play anything competetive like darts of beer pong and he became ultra serious and competetive

Reaction Score
Looks like Jesus is loving it in Miami. Hope he gets his 2nd ring this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom