Jeremy Lamb & OKC | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb & OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Read an article recently that the Thunder need to decide if Lamb is a part of their future or do they keep Martin around as an insurance plan. Is this the right team for him? Will he get his chance? What's his ceiling or NBA equivalent? If Danny Green can shine with the right system why not Lamb. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Lamb is better than Green based on what?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Never really understood Lamb being part of the Harden trade, OKC was stacked at that position. He's got no shot of seeing the floor there, hope they move him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I found it disheartening that Scott Brooks,had so little faith in JLamb that he gave him basically zero run during important playoff stretches...stretches where the Thunder were desperate to add a second scorer to KD and Kevin Martin was awful for stretches.
Those D-league highlights confirm that he clearly has the offensive ability to make it in the league but he still lacks strength and has an inconsistent focus that hinders his ability to be successful.
If he can learn to stay fully engaged, he gains a critical degree of strength and he is given the chance to play with confidence then he will have a very high ceiling...somewhere between Jamal Crawford and George Gervin...unfortunately, those are still pretty big ifs.

Reaction Score
Lamb looked great in those highlights, but kind of ironic that it is called the D league. Not much D being played in those clips.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Danny Green just set a record for 3s in the NBA Finals. You sort of do.

Ok i see why you might think i'm crazy. i feel that if lamb would have gotten Kmarts time for the thunder he would have blossomed. So your technically right in the nba Green FOR NOW is better, but in the long term i believe lamb will greatly surpass him. in fact if he were on the spurs he could play the role of either Neal/Green.

Reaction Score
Lamb will be fine just give him time. Just look at Green's career. At UNC he ave 5 pts his soph. year, 11.5 his junior and last year. Drafter 46 by Clev. he played in 20 games and was cut. Spurs picked him up and played 8 games his second year and was cut again. In his third year he started to make a name for himself. As I said it takes time.

Reaction Score
Green and Lamb are similar offensive players and arguably with a better game off the bounce Lamb has skills that make his potential as high. BUT, Jeremy Lamb is not 1/100th the defensive player that Danny Green is. He can't guard anyone and that's why he didn't play for OKC (even though I agree that he should have gotten time in the regular season to see what he could learn & do). And as great as his upside is its 1000-1 that Jeremy Lamb will ever be in position to win the NBA finals MVP. Its a little premature to be enjoying the Jeremy Lamb successful nba player popsicles. Hopefully Lamb gets some burn in the league next year for OKC or someone else and taps into that potential.

Reaction Score
Thank you, besides Leonard, Green has also done a very good job defending Lebron and has got the best of him multiple times at the basket on fast breaks. Lamb couldn't even guard mediocre college players, and from the limited time I saw of him this season he didn't look any better on defense. I believe he will play more but until shows some type of willingness to play D his time is going to be limited unless he really blows up offensively. His lack of D is why Liggins got the nod over him in OKC.

Green and Lamb are similar offensive players and arguably with a better game off the bounce Lamb has skills that make his potential as high. BUT, Jeremy Lamb is not 1/100th the defensive player that Danny Green is. He can't guard anyone and that's why he didn't play for OKC (even though I agree that he should have gotten time in the regular season to see what he could learn & do). And as great as his upside is its 1000-1 that Jeremy Lamb will ever be in position to win the NBA finals MVP. Its a little premature to be enjoying the Jeremy Lamb successful nba player popsicles. Hopefully Lamb gets some burn in the league next year for OKC or someone else and taps into that potential.

Reaction Score
Green has paid his dues and earned where he is right now, Popovich shows why he is the best in the NBA at finding guys. Lamb is still a young player who will get there.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Green has been in the NBA for a while. Sure, he is shooting the lights out in these playoffs but I don't think he'll ever play any better (he might put up better totals, but I doubt his efficiency will ever be this good). He won't always have these kinds of teammates to set him up to succeed.

I do think Lamb has a higher upside. Better now? Of course not. But I think there's a good chance he'll turn out to be a better overall player.

Right now Lamb has not had any opportunity to show his skills and Green has had lots of time to develop and showcase his. So I certainly can see why people would say the burden is on Lamb's supporters here.

Reaction Score
There is no question Lamb has a better offensive skill set with great upside. Danny Green can barely dribble the ball.

But Green has proven he is a BEAST of a role player. Tough D, Great toughness, one awesome skill(3 point shooting).

Green definetly is the "better player" at the moment. We will have to see where Lamb ends up.

Reaction Score
Green is in his 4th year, Lamb in year number 1. Let's revisit in three more years. Then we can draw comparisons. Green was a flop in years 1 and 2. Year three he saw the light! Now his future looks bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom