Jeremy Lamb getting props! | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb getting props!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching first take and skip bayless mentioned how Durant got help from some unexpected guys and he mentioned Derek Fisher and JL in a tone that seem to infer that these guys are bums and Stephen A. stepped in and said JL is a special player and he mentioned him winning a title at uconn. I may still be in the minority but i think JL is going to be a really good nba player for a long time.

Reaction Score
Durant is to Lamb as Kemba was to Lamb. He can't help but get better. He only needs to study Durant, taking advantage of being on the same team and floor with such a superstar. Just try and copy him Jeremy, no shame in that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Watching first take and skip bayless mentioned how Durant got help from some unexpected guys and he mentioned Derek Fisher and JL in a tone that seem to infer that these guys are bums and Stephen A. stepped in and said JL is a special player and he mentioned him winning a title at uconn. I may still be in the minority but i think JL is going to be a really good nba player for a long time.

You would have been in the minority last year but anybody's who watched the Thunder (which of course excludes Skip Bayless) knows Jeremy has become a really good NBA player. The Thunder seem to know what they're doing. They gave him a lot of minutes and shots in the NBDL, all along hoping/expecting that he'd be ready to contribute this year. They are probably somewhat pleasantly surprised as how to good he's been, especially as a lead ballhandler.

Reaction Score
He's playmaking skills are a nice surprise for the Thunder I'm sure, he didn't show that often at UConn. He's looked darn good this year, I know OKC fans are thrilled with him thus far.

caw

Reaction Score
They are fantastic talent evaluators. Only, relatively, bad draft pick recently has been Perry Jones, but more because he just oozes talent and hasn't developed (book on him for how long?)

Reaction Score
They are fantastic talent evaluators. Only, relatively, bad draft pick recently has been Perry Jones, but more because he just oozes talent and hasn't developed (book on him for how long?)

depends on how recent you want to go back, they struck out on Mullens and Aldrich. at this point I think its clear Jones doesn't have the mindset to be the elite player people thought he was going to be coming out of HS, but I'm not a fan of how Brooks handled his minutes during the 25 game stretch when Westbrook was healthy. Fisher has played alot better over the past month then he was earlier in the season when he was shooting less than 15% from 3, but I thought Brooks could've paired Jackson and Lamb together in the backcourt more, allowing the opportunity for Jones to play the SF. Instead he always insisted on playing Jackson with Fisher, stretching Lamb out to SF and burying Jones on the bench. Lamb is a better playmaker than Fisher so its not like your limiting the offense when Fisher was nothing more than an ineffective spot up shooter during that time. I like Jones alot tho as potentially a high level role player. He was actually doing a pretty good job of keeping up with Lebron in the 2nd half last night, Lebron was just hitting some great shots.

Reaction Score
Perry Jones, for where they took him, was a fine pick. He was worth the risk at the end of the first round. Might still turn into a decent role player. His D on LeBron last night wasn't too shabby.

Reaction Score
Lamb actually had the 2nd most minutes last night (just behind KD). That's a great sign. Brooks has seemed reluctant to give him any real time for a while.
He played very well yesterday.

U

UCONNfan1

depends on how recent you want to go back, they struck out on Mullens and Aldrich. at this point I think its clear Jones doesn't have the mindset to be the elite player people thought he was going to be coming out of HS, but I'm not a fan of how Brooks handled his minutes during the 25 game stretch when Westbrook was healthy. Fisher has played alot better over the past month then he was earlier in the season when he was shooting less than 15% from 3, but I thought Brooks could've paired Jackson and Lamb together in the backcourt more, allowing the opportunity for Jones to play the SF. Instead he always insisted on playing Jackson with Fisher, stretching Lamb out to SF and burying Jones on the bench. Lamb is a better playmaker than Fisher so its not like your limiting the offense when Fisher was nothing more than an ineffective spot up shooter during that time. I like Jones alot tho as potentially a high level role player. He was actually doing a pretty good job of keeping up with Lebron in the 2nd half last night, Lebron was just hitting some great shots.
Plus, Lamb is the future and Fisher is the past, more or less. Lamb is 21. Fisher is 39. Fisher's a physical specimen and in shape like most people any age wish they were, but I wonder how much longer Fisher will last... Still, real glad how they brought Lamb along. He should have a VERY long NBA career.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it is not so much copying KD but benefiting from being on the court with him. JL though is very good.

Reaction Score
BarkingDog said:
I'm better at life than skip bayless.
That's not saying a lot. If you aren't better at life than skip Bayless you really need to reevaluate your life. A couple years ago I ran into Stephen A at a chilis in Southington, I briefly mentioned that I was a fan and told him to keep giving it to skip Bayless on first take. Stephen A emphatically responded "I prefer not to hear that name outside of work"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's not saying a lot. If you aren't better at life than skip Bayless you really need to reevaluate your life. A couple years ago I ran into Stephen A at a chilis in Southington, I briefly mentioned that I was a fan and told him to keep giving it to skip Bayless on first take. Stephen A emphatically responded "I prefer not to hear that name outside of work"
First of all lol at Stephen A. Second, you do relies Bayless is a very successful man who plays a role on a debate show right? If they agreed on everything they wouldn't have a show, somebody has to play the bad guy

Reaction Score
Huskyforlife said:
First of all lol at Stephen A. Second, you do relies Bayless is a very successful man who plays a role on a debate show right? If they agreed on everything they wouldn't have a show, somebody has to play the bad guy

The comment on skip Bayless was a joke, I agree with what your saying but it doesn't make his character any less of a d bag

Reaction Score
Plus, Lamb is the future and Fisher is the past, more or less. Lamb is 21. Fisher is 39. Fisher's a physical specimen and in shape like most people any age wish they were, but I wonder how much longer Fisher will last... Still, real glad how they brought Lamb along. He should have a VERY long NBA career.
I think Fisher is also good for Jeremy. Not too many NBA players can teach longevity 'Ollie' style. If Lamb can learn to play like Kevin and learn to have a career as long as Derrick he will be in the Ray Ray category.

Reaction Score
J lamb has definitely turned the corner, he looks very comfortable on the court now. Just like Coach Calhoun said early in his freshman season if you haven't heard about him yet, you will.

Reaction Score
He's playmaking skills are a nice surprise for the Thunder I'm sure, he didn't show that often at UConn. He's looked darn good this year, I know OKC fans are thrilled with him thus far.
He was playing with Kemba,Bazz than Bazz RB
Showing a good handle compared to those guys is unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom