Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
great insight and can almost understand every word
I just love the guy

Reaction Score
Yeah love it but I'm drooling over Karnowski and Sabonis. Their bulky space eaters with touch around the rim....like the Zags, well coached.

Reaction Score
We need a home and home with Gonzaga like yesterday. Would be insanely fun.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
JC does a good job, I love the strategy talk, describing great execution as well as missed opportunities

a lot better than

"I think he should have pump faked, he should have used an up fake first, I can't believe nobody uses pump fakes, was that a squirrel?"

or maybe "PTP baby, what they need to do now is score. they're trying to get closer, and the other team is trying to extent their lead, did you see what K did today?"

out west we have "that's some good stuff man, but not as good as what I used to smoke in college", "anyone have some chips?"

although I'm not sure most of the rest of the country has any idea what JC is saying

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
JC does a good job, I love the strategy talk, describing great execution as well as missed opportunities

a lot better than

"I think he should have pump faked, he should have used an up fake first, I can't believe nobody uses pump fakes, was that a squirrel?"

or maybe "PTP baby, what they need to do now is score. they're trying to get closer, and the other team is trying to extent their lead, did you see what K did today?"

out west we have "that's some good stuff man, but not as good as what I used to smoke in college", "anyone have some chips?"

although I'm not sure most of the rest of the country has any idea what JC is saying

I think it's safe to say that no one outside a 200 mile radius of metro Boston has any clue about what he's saying, and almost half of that area is open ocean inside a 360 degree circle. He used a wrestling analogy at one point during the extended garbage time 2H, and Mowins was totally lost. She had to ask him what he was talking about. She deserves some extra combat duty pay...the poor woman may have gotten two words in edge wise during the entire broadcast. Her head is probably still spinning. :confused:

Reaction Score
Love it but my wife said she couldn't understand 66% of what he was saying. I have a feeling non UCONN fans hate him doing games sadly.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Love it but my wife said she couldn't understand 66% of what he was saying. I have a feeling non UCONN fans hate him doing games sadly.
I had a hard time understanding him, and kind of wished he would take a breath here and there. My favorite broadcast teams shut up and let me hear the squeak of the shoes once in a while.

Reaction Score
Maybe he'll get a bit better with experience. Right now he's talking too much, too fast, and too softly.

With that being said, I watched that entire game last night just because he was doing it.

Reaction Score
Yeah he had some great points but doesn't express in small pieces. But he's good, but I can't expect people who didn't listen to him for almost 30 years to understand wtf he is saying.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Could this loss be the game that drives the final nail into CurleyBoy's coffin?

Not with the class he's signed, coupled with graduating his players, and a perfect APR (plus his massive contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom