Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo to the Celtics... | The Boneyard

Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo to the Celtics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm with you. Not a fan of either pick would've loved to see perry jones taken

Reaction Score
Yeah I said this on Boston.com that Melo is a stiff and they called me a mad UCONN frat boy. PJ goes to Miami I bet you. The Celtics suck and should have picked Pjones. Wow I was wrong. A moultree. I guess Pjones injury must be serious if everyone is passing on him.

caw

Reaction Score
Not sure how either help them get by the Heat.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Moultrie and Perry Jones were the two I though thye'd grab.

Marcus Teague? Kentucky Frosh. No guaranteed contract? 3 to go.

Reaction Score
I like both picks. Sullinger dropped and at 20, he was a no brainer, although he is a below the rim guy which could be a problem in the NBA. I really like the Melo pick, especially at 21. He improved dramatically from freshman to sophomore year. He is a young, long, active big man that the Celtics were desperate for. If he continues to improve like he did over the past year, he has a lot of upside.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Avery Bradley? Celts took them to 7. The Heat didn't exactly blow the Celts away.
Healthy Bosh = Heat in 5

Reaction Score
What is clear here is that people on a chat board definitely are smarter than Danny ainge

Reaction Score
I love Sullinger. I'm amazed real college bball fans don't remember watching him play. Dude can score with his back to the basket and facing the hoop.

Hate Melo, though.

Sullinger was medically flagged by the NBA doctors with a potential career shortening back problem.

Reaction Score
I like Sullinger, lottery talent and a good,skilled basketball player. I think this allows them to work the rumored sign and trade of Bass for a scorer like OJ Mayo.

Melo, I'm confused about. How different is he than JuJuan Johnson, who had some good moments last year?

I didn't want Avery Bradley, Rajin Rondo, Delonte West, Tony Allen...etc etc etc. Danny Ainge knows more than I do.

Reaction Score
As I've been saying all year: PJ sux. I wouldn't have taken him in the first round. Someone mentioned Doron Lamb. I would have taken him maybe, but after Sullinger, there was really no one left. Melo could have been taken there or at 50, doesn't really matter.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sullinger was medically flagged by the NBA doctors with a potential career shortening back problem.

Really? I hadn't heard that. /sarcasm

Yeah, it's why he went 21st.

Reaction Score
I personally think the Sullinger draft will end up being a steal. As for the Fab Melo pick...are you kidding me...the dude is a complete moron, he has a 5" vertical and if he was ever the face of any franchise the fans would burn their tickets and move to mexico...i dont see how he gives us anythign more that wat steimsma is giving us...would have loved for them to roll the dice with Perry Jones III...very happy about Sullinger though

Reaction Score
I personally think the Sullinger draft will end up being a steal. As for the Fab Melo pick...are you kidding me...the dude is a complete moron, he has a 5" vertical and if he was ever the face of any franchise the fans would burn their tickets and move to mexico...i dont see how he gives us anythign more that wat steimsma is giving us...would have loved for them to roll the dice with Perry Jones III...very happy about Sullinger though

im not a celts fan but the melo pick had me smh. the guy is a stiff! he`ll be in the dleague in a year and out of basketball completely in 3. hes looking for some guarranteed money so he can buy a car,house and lots of weed. the sullinger pick i dont have an issue with because hes a high character kid who will work his tail off. best case scenario he becomes a poor mans kevin love for the next decade or worst case his health doesnt hold up and you let him go in 3 years.

Reaction Score
...and Kris Joseph...dammit the cuse guys are taking over...i like sullinger and kris joseph but i dont like fab...

Reaction Score
I like Sullinger, lottery talent and a good,skilled basketball player. I think this allows them to work the rumored sign and trade of Bass for a scorer like OJ Mayo.

Melo, I'm confused about. How different is he than JuJuan Johnson, who had some good moments last year?

I didn't want Avery Bradley, Rajin Rondo, Delonte West, Tony Allen...etc etc etc. Danny Ainge knows more than I do.

Like your point here on sully and bass.. And yes, let's give ainge some leeway here, he's earned it. I do think melo has potential here, not that big of a fan of his attitude or his bball acumen, but he's big and raw could be a steal. If you want KG back let him know you're looking after the front court . One more run, fairly optimistic of the celts being in with a shot next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom