January Recruiting Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's some serious defense being played there.
And who loves defense more than anything? She’s starting to grown on me as a very versatile do everything well kind of player.

Reaction Score
The recruiting could get intense, but Strong isn’t all that consumed by it now. Most of the schools that Strong is interested in have offered, except for Harvard and perhaps Oregon. She has unofficially visited NC State, North Carolina, Connecticut, Clemson and Harvard.

“I watch NC State a lot,” Strong said. “It’s been very exciting. They make it clear they want me to come.

What makes Strong a unique post player is that her vision on the court is high level and she also has great hands catching the ball or snagging rebounds. She believes she has improved both her vertical jump and speed since the summer, but that will continue to be emphasized.

“I really like sharing the ball,” Strong said. “I think that is important than me scoring points. The vision, I don’t know, it just comes natural I guess. I watch a lot of basketball at home, so I just know where to be and where to go.”

Danny Strong joked that she didn’t get that kind of passing skills from him.

“When I played, I wanted to score,” Danny said. “I was a scorer. I’d shoot first and pass second. She’s pass first and shoot second. She understands how to make people around her better.”

Her mother, Allison Feaster-Strong, is one of the all-time Ivy League greats. She had 35 points and 13 rebounds in No. 16 Harvard’s historic upset over No. 1 Stanford.

Reaction Score
I still think we should make an offer to Jadyn Donovan. She's athletic and fast. Plays the opposing team's center quite often on defense and can get to the hoop well. Good size for a guard plus elite athleticism. Not a bad player offensively and solid defensive talent as well. She hasn't decided yet. Get in there Uconn! If she were on another team she would be featured more ( she plays with a ton of other talent on one of the top teams in the country ). jadyn-donovan

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I still think we should make an offer to Jadyn Donovan. She's athletic and fast. Plays the opposing team's center quite often on defense and can get to the hoop well. Good size for a guard plus elite athleticism. Not a bad player offensively and solid defensive talent as well. She hasn't decided yet. Get in there Uconn! If she were on another team she would be featured more ( she plays with a ton of other talent on one of the top teams in the country ). jadyn-donovan
I saw Jadyn in Sidwell's game against McNamara. She wasn't perfect, but she certainly impressed. She has extreme leaping ability like Jewell, Gabby, Aubrey, and Mir. If she develops a consistent jumpshot, she'll be David Thompson.

Sidwell is the #1 team in the nation, having beaten #3 Hopkins once and #2 DeSoto twice. Kiki Rice gets most of the attention, but Donovan and Dudley are also highly ranked players.

Reaction Score
I saw Jadyn in Sidwell's game against McNamara. She wasn't perfect, but she certainly impressed. She has extreme leaping ability like Jewell, Gabby, Aubrey, and Mir. If she develops a consistent jumpshot, she'll be David Thompson.

Sidwell is the #1 team in the nation, having beaten #3 Hopkins once and #2 DeSoto twice. Kiki Rice gets most of the attention, but Donovan and Dudley are also highly ranked players.
Agreed. Dudley is a division one player also. Kiki is a great player but she has a tremendous supporting cast also. I like Jadyn's potential. She's Aubrey with a jump shot and she has a tremendous engine. She's everywhere and looks to me to have tremendous defensive potential. She can clearly move her feet. Quickness is a huge asset and she''s got good size and skill as well. She's got the goods for Uconn. Is anyone on our team that athletic overall? Apparently Jadyn's not commited either. Sign her!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Agreed. Dudley is a division one player also. Kiki is a great player but she has a tremendous supporting cast also. I like Jadyn's potential. She's Aubrey with a jump shot and she has a tremendous engine. She's everywhere and looks to me to have tremendous defensive potential. She can clearly move her feet. Quickness is a huge asset and she''s got good size and skill as well. She's got the goods for Uconn. Is anyone on our team that athletic overall? Apparently Jadyn's not commited either. Sign her!
I think Jadyn is bigger, better, and better coached than Mir. She's taller than Mir but maybe 1" shorter than Aubrey.

Reaction Score
I think Jadyn is bigger, better, and better coached than Mir. She's taller than Mir but maybe 1" shorter than Aubrey.
Did anyone notice if there were any recruits at the DePaul game?

Reaction Score
This complete Toomey line was probably accomplished in few minutes considering the 28-0 start:

13 points, 5 rebs, 5 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks

Getting into some bad defensive habits playing against 5-10 bigs and poor competition. Probably similar to what happened to ONO in HS. Hope she’s got somebody to fix that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom