Jannah Tucker Added to Lady Vols Roster | The Boneyard

Jannah Tucker Added to Lady Vols Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jannah added to the roster and will join team on Friday. Will be interesting to see how much she'll be able to contribute by season end.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I thought she was only going to practice with the team, and begin playing next season.

But good for her. :)

Reaction Score
Hey Hey!!! Great news!!!! I am of course not a great fan of the LVs..... bleeding national flag blue..... but here is an instance where I am rooting for this gal to do fabulously..... after all the crap she has been through..... with injury, and domestic issue...... I am rooting for your success Janna, as are many other Boneyarders I suspect......

Reaction Score
Jannah added to the roster and will join team on Friday. Will be interesting to see how much she'll be able to contribute by season end.
She'll be an inspiration for her teammates just by being on the roster and practicing. Any contribution during the game (and I hope she'll contribute a lot there too) will, of course, be wonderful too.

Reaction Score
Her skillset may be exactly what the team needs. I hope she's able to contribute. So happy for her that after all the twists and turns she's finally going to be able to come to Tennessee.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Adding her to the roster makes her part of the team but doesn't mean she'll play. She hasn't played competitive basketball or trained since August 2012 when she tore her acl . I'm sure the staff is targeting next season for her to contribute.

Reaction Score
Well her learning curve should be relatively short since the LV's basically don't run any offensive sets, and their defensive concept basically consists of stay with your defender at all costs -- don't worry if your teammate gets burned, that's their problem. Overall, Tucker is an athletic stud and highly skilled basketball player who was a member of the U18 National Team. Assuming she can overcome any physical or emotional issues she may be experiencing, she should be a valuable addition to Tenn.

I feel she will be eased into things with the goal of having her ready by the SEC tournament. However, getting her ready will mean less minutes for some other guard(s). Currently, Tenn is going with Massengale (30.7 mpg), Simmons (26.2), Carter (20.8) and Reynolds (14.2). Seeing Tucker is a wing player, I doubt Massengale will lose any minutes. As the lone senior on the team, I don't see Simmons losing much time. Carter's minutes are split spelling Massengale and Simmons. While Reynolds is seeing decent minutes, I haven't observed her getting many quality minutes in bigger games. I see Tucker playing up to 10 minutes a game with her minutes being taken from Carter and Reynolds.

Reaction Score
Great news! a different environment and the support of her teammates will really help!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am glad to have her on the team. I think we will hear from Holly next day or so about it. She did tweet we are now 11 strong.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Where did you see her name on a UT roster. If you go to their official women's basketball roster she is not on there. Am I missing something?

It's great news if she is playing now but I just don't see it anywhere.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Adding her to the roster makes her part of the team but doesn't mean she'll play. She hasn't played competitive basketball or trained since August 2012 when she tore her acl . I'm sure the staff is targeting next season for her to contribute.

Sometimes these youngsters can heal quickly e.g. coming back from a nerve contusion.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Holly did tweet we are now 11 strong that is adding Tucker. The official roster has not been updated yet.

Reaction Score
Good news! Hopefully she'll forget all about that nutcase and move on with her life.

Reaction Score
Don't think I have ever been excited for someone to join the Vols roster until now. Kudos to her considering everything she has been through.

Reaction Score
Holly did tweet we are now 11 strong that is adding Tucker. The official roster has not been updated yet.
Maybe Holly means she is officially on the team now. Doesn't necessarily mean she will play this year. Regardless, I'm happy for the girl.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Maybe Holly means she is officially on the team now. Doesn't necessarily mean she will play this year. Regardless, I'm happy for the girl.
I think it depends on what kind of shape she is in. If she is fully healthy then there is a chance she can play. If she doesn't play she will have a chance to learn the system. If she does play it's what kind of shape she is in, how quickly she can learn, and the timing with the other players. I don't think there is a question about her talent. My guess right now is she will play next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom