James Wiseman announcing tomorrow | The Boneyard

James Wiseman announcing tomorrow

Reaction Score
Nice!!!
This would be big for the league if he chooses Memphis. The Tigers two other commits, DJ Jeffries and Malcolm Dandridge, are his teammates.
The atmosphere at that Memphis-Yale game was intense. It was a good time to play a game like that.
Once this domino falls, it'll be interesting to see where others may fall.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Nice!!!
This would be big for the league if he chooses Memphis. The Tigers two other commits, DJ Jeffries and Malcolm Dandridge, are his teammates.
The atmosphere at that Memphis-Yale game was intense. It was a good time to play a game like that.
Once this domino falls, it'll be interesting to see where others may fall.
how good is that high school team haha

Reaction Score
how good is that high school team haha

Nationally ranked. The guy holding the trophy is Memphis's starting PG.
Chandler Lawson was also on that team (signed with Oregon). Hardaway never recruited him, probably because of the situation with his Dad being on staff under Pastner.

t_1530491298506_name_14218715_vtf.jpg

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
As odd as it is, we are the biggest Memphis cheerleaders for the 2019 recruiting cycle.

The whole "Why would you go to UConn to play in the AAC?" negative recruiting pitch really takes a nosedive when Memphis pulls in a top 3 class. Also, the UK schadenfreude is delicious.

Reaction Score
As odd as it is, we are the biggest Memphis cheerleaders for the 2019 recruiting cycle.

The whole "Why would you go to UConn to play in the AAC?" negative recruiting pitch really takes a nosedive when Memphis pulls in a top 3 class. Also, the UK schadenfreude is delicious.

The conference still sucks, but w/ UConn doing what it's needed to do for years now and Memphis pulling in a recruiting class like this.... it's looking like a pretty darn legit conference in 2 years. Wichita State will stay good, Cincinnati has consistently hovered around the top 25, UCF and Houston continue to figure it out and Temple and Tulsa have at least maintained a floor. If SMU can stay the course, you're looking at a pretty darn good hoops conference.

The issue's always going to be USF, ECU and Tulane and whether they can get their lives together. Tulane though - is looking like they should.

Reaction Score
The conference still sucks, but w/ UConn doing what it's needed to do for years now and Memphis pulling in a recruiting class like this.... it's looking like a pretty darn legit conference in 2 years. Wichita State will stay good, Cincinnati has consistently hovered around the top 25, UCF and Houston continue to figure it out and Temple and Tulsa have at least maintained a floor. If SMU can stay the course, you're looking at a pretty darn good hoops conference.

The issue's always going to be USF, ECU and Tulane and whether they can get their lives together. Tulane though - is looking like they should.
SMU needs to hit a home run on their next hire or they're going to be screwed for the foreseeable future

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am sure I'm the only here hoping he picks KU over Memphis.

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score

I’m totally with you. I really hope the Tigers get a verbal from him. It’d be great for the conference. If/when the AAC gets consistently stronger, these sentiments will hopefully turn into true rivalries. No more hoping for #1 recruit to sign with another conference member. I really miss the strong dislike between us and our rivals. Is that even possible with the demographics of the conference?

Reaction Score
I’m totally with you. I really hope the Tigers get a verbal from him. It’d be great for the conference. If/when the AAC gets consistently stronger, these sentiments will hopefully turn into true rivalries. No more hoping for #1 recruit to sign with another conference member. I really miss the strong dislike between us and our rivals. Is that even possible with the demographics of the conference?

The league is ideally set up for basketball. The footprint contains some of the best Prep programs and AAU programs in the country. Montverde, Sunrise, etc.. Houston, Memphis, NY/NJ, etc...
A few recruiting battles (such as when Memphis hosted Precious Achiuwa for Memphis Madness) will heat things up for fans that follow crootin.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The best example of what being outside of the P5 is right here.

P5 schools pray other schools in their conference, especially “rivals” never get coveted talent. Here I. The G-whocares group of conferences, we pray Christmas comes early so that our rivals get talent so that maybe someone in the media will give us a few lines of ink in a publication somewhere next season. Yeehaw.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It’s looking like Memphis. Huge land for the conference!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Decision primer for No. 1 overall prospect James Wiseman
I logged a prediction for Kentucky more than a year and a half ago. At that time, I firmly believe Kentucky was in position to land Wiseman. But a lot has changed in a year and a half. His former high school coach is now the head coach at Memphis and he’s based in a city that is begging for him to stay home. Even Memphis rappers have made stops at Wiseman’s house. He took an official visit to Memphis last and has been on campus countless a number of other times over the past few weeks. On Tuesday, following Wiseman’s announcement, Memphis East is scheduled to play against Olive Branch, which is home to current Memphis pledge DJ Jeffries. He'll step on the court with high school teammate and Memphis pledge Malcolm Dandridge. Memphis has Wiseman surrounded. Prediction: Memphis

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The best example of what being outside of the P5 is right here.

P5 schools pray other schools in their conference, especially “rivals” never get coveted talent. Here I. The G-whocares group of conferences, we pray Christmas comes early so that our rivals get talent so that maybe someone in the media will give us a few lines of ink in a publication somewhere next season. Yeehaw.

Nah man, from my perspective, I just want to play in big games. The better teams in the conference, the more big games.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Decision primer for No. 1 overall prospect James Wiseman
I logged a prediction for Kentucky more than a year and a half ago. At that time, I firmly believe Kentucky was in position to land Wiseman. But a lot has changed in a year and a half. His former high school coach is now the head coach at Memphis and he’s based in a city that is begging for him to stay home. Even Memphis rappers have made stops at Wiseman’s house. He took an official visit to Memphis last and has been on campus countless a number of other times over the past few weeks. On Tuesday, following Wiseman’s announcement, Memphis East is scheduled to play against Olive Branch, which is home to current Memphis pledge DJ Jeffries. He'll step on the court with high school teammate and Memphis pledge Malcolm Dandridge. Memphis has Wiseman surrounded. Prediction: Memphis

Penny already learning how to walk the line in the recruiting game. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom