Jai Alai | The Boneyard

Jai Alai

Reaction Score
I was flipping around last night and found some Jai Alai action. It drew me in and I watched for a while. Back in the day we had a few frontons in CT so I was intrigued. I could see this sport taking off again. I mean, it's a little more entertaining than tennis I think.

Reaction Score
I was flipping around last night and found some Jai Alai action. It drew me in and I watched for a while. Back in the day we had a few frontons in CT so I was intrigued. I could see this sport taking off again. I mean, it's a little more entertaining than tennis I think.

made it to Bridgeport many times and Hartford a few days back in day. fun way to win/lose a few bucks

Reaction Score
I knew a few of the players and actually played a few times at a practice facility in Milford. Loved going to Hartford and grabbing a drink at the El Rebote Lounge!

Not sure it could ever come back with all the other sports wagering options but I’d go if it did.

Reaction Score
Hartford was a fun trip back in the day! Cheap beer and gambling always has a place.

Reaction Score
When I was a kid, my mother, grandmother, and all their friends used to go often. My sister and I would get dragged along, and it was usually a day of us being spoiled so that we would not cause too much trouble. Hartford, Bridgeport, and then Dania down here in Florida. I miss it a lot. The father of the owner of the company I work for was a player back in the day. Boniguen (spelling?) and he has all sorts of memorabilia from back then, including some articles about his paintings being displayed at a local library.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I was 18, Hartford Jai Alai had Thirsty Thursday. 25 cent beer and hot dogs so you could have dinner and drinks for 3 bucks. They still have jai alai in Miami.

Reaction Score
I remember the suspicious "drops" by the players. Sport was more than a little shady. Which was part of it's charm...lol.
There was always a rumor the winning number was on the ball so they’d know when to throw a match. We’d look and before they’d serve it always “seemed” like they read the ball. LOL

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We used to go in Hartford. Always fun and it is exciting. Of course it was all fixed and run by the mob as it turned out.

While in Ireland I watched a bit of the word Darts championship. Now that was cool. As an avid dart player back in my day at UConn, I could truly appreciate what those guys were making look so easy.

Reaction Score
We used to go in Hartford. Always fun and it is exciting. Of course it was all fixed and run by the mob as it turned out.

While in Ireland I watched a bit of the word Darts championship. Now that was cool. As an avid dart player back in my day at UConn, I could truly appreciate what those guys were making look so easy.
Like many, I used to go to Jai Alai in Hartford often. It was a good night out with my dormmates from UConn. One even dropped out early to play Jai Alai in Las Vegas. He is supposed to come visit me in Florida so we can go to Jai Alai in Dania Beach. Not sure if that Fronton is still open again but there appears to be a few in Miami.

In my first job after college, a so called expert had a can't miss Jai Alai system. We all threw some money in but within a week our pot was gone. Thanks Bob.

Reaction Score

Name me another sport where the owner of the sport and the president of the sport were both whacked by the mob and the FBI.

I enjoyed watching it on TV as a kid and always thought it was interesting it was a Connecticut/Florida thing in the states. I saw it down in Mexico City in recent years and it brought back memories.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom