Jacobs Article..... | The Boneyard

Jacobs Article.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked it. My favorite line: Both of them have forgotten more about football than some sports columnist thinks he knows.

Reaction Score
Lot of facts in the Jacobs article that can't be denied. The 2 year track record will not be able to be ignored. This program will need a burst of energy to keep people from walking away. Where is it going to come from?

Reaction Score
Jacobs should be fired for plagarizing the Boneyard. That article reads like every thread here over the past month. But at least he's calling for change. Not enough IMO but the drum beat from the media has started to get louder

Reaction Score
I consider myself a diehard fan and I will NEVER walk away...BUT I will get vocal...and add a "Fire DeLeone and Pasqualoni" flag to the flag pole in my Avatar! Manuel needs to force change on Pasqualoni if he isn't going to fire him! He needs to force him to fire GDL. If P refuses...Warde may be able to let him go for insubordination and not have to pay his buyout. If Warde brings P back for a 3rd season and forces changes...that is a start...

Reaction Score
What struck me - and still has me feeling sick, headache, hungover.......is the negative 6 yards rushing.

It's mind numbing.

I'm going to have to do a little bit of fact checking, but to my knowledge....in 116 years of playing football - we have never put up a rushing stat - that bad.

Deleone needs to be fired - today.

Reaction Score
Jacobs should be fired for plagarizing the Boneyard. That article reads like every thread here over the past month. But at least he's calling for change. Not enough IMO but the drum beat from the media has started to get louder
Skiblets you are on the money about the drumbeat...the thing about beat coverage now is that stats and wins-losses can't be refuted. P can try to sugar coat things all he wants..the beat guys still have to report that we had -6 yds rushing and got blown out by 30 points last night.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni does not deserve a third year. Next year is going to be awful, then he'd just get canned anyway. Lop off the problem now. Let the new guy have the awful 2013, while building towards an improved 2014 season.

Reaction Score
From my standpoint I don't blame GDL. I think there is a good chance he's an idiot, but I don't blame him for being in the position he is in. That's all on P. He hired him and he put him there. If I'm Ward Manuel that's my stance.....

Reaction Score
Yup -

WORST RUSHING PERFORMANCE IN 116 YEARS.

Warde stood on the sideline in Toronto when, in the crowning moment of Buffalo Bulls history, UConn passed it something like five times that entire game and just kept punching them in the mouth with the running game. We turned it over four times in the first half and still continued to punch them in the mouth month play after play with the run game.

Now I'm not calling for a return to that game plan but I am hoping for a return to physicality.

Reaction Score
Warde stood on the sideline in Toronto when, in the crowning moment of Buffalo Bulls history, UConn passed it something like five times that entire game and just kept punching them in the mouth with the running game. We turned it over four times in the first half and still continued to punch them in the mouth month play after play with the run game.

Now I'm not calling for a return to that game plan but I am hoping for a return to physicality.

The futility we've got in moving the ball, is historic. It's historic. And completely, entirely, unacceptable and requires action. NOW.

The entire team got beaten up last night. ENTIRE TEAM.

What should happen, what nearly any head coach would do, is make an immediate staff change.

THe problem we face, is that to do that, for Pasqualoni to fire Deleone, would be something that Pasqualoni has never done, and has had ample reason, and opportunity to do on multiple occasions, prior to 2012.

The action has to come from somewhere else, and maybe, maybe it's just time to see how influential, the boneyard can really be.

Reaction Score

Buffalo went through periods of the second half of that game where they literally could not keep defensive players on the field. Our OL and Donald Brown literally beat them up.

If folks remember, Buffalo came into that game with a pretty high powered offense. On one of the first series a Buffalo slot receiver went into the flat barely off the line of scrimmage while Reggie was pinching in. Knocked him out. Kid woke up and was mouthing off to Reggie about dirty play and Reggie looked at him as if to say "WTF did you expect".

That's UCONN football. Right now we have an OC who is a mad scientist and I don't think he has a ducking clue how to motivate college football players to win football games.

Reaction Score
Buffalo went through periods of the second half of that game where they literally could not keep defensive players on the field. Our OL and Donald Brown literally beat them up.

If folks remember, Buffalo came into that game with a pretty high powered offense. On one of the first series a Buffalo slot receiver went into the flat barely off the line of scrimmage while Reggie was pinching in. Knocked him out. Kid woke up and was mouthing off to Reggie about dirty play and Reggie looked at him as if to say "WTF did you expect".

That's UCONN football. Right now we have an OC who is a mad scientist and I don't think he has a ducking clue how to motivate college football players to win football games.

that first paragraph, is exactly what happened to us last night.

What we are witnessing, is NOT UConn Football. THis coachig staff needs to be stopped.

Reaction Score
The futility we've got in moving the ball, is historic. It's historic. And completely, entirely, unacceptable and requires action. NOW.

The entire team got beaten up last night. ENTIRE TEAM.

What should happen, what nearly any head coach would do, is make an immediate staff change.

THe problem we face, is that to do that, for Pasqualoni to fire Deleone, would be something that Pasqualoni has never done, and has had ample reason, and opportunity to do on multiple occasions, prior to 2012.

The action has to come from somewhere else, and maybe, maybe it's just time to see how influential, the boneyard can really be.
We've already influenced the media. IMO influence 2.0 should move to Storrs and if need be 3.0 to the big time donors.

I've already reached out to Warde and I know his email was posted here a few weeks ago. Anyone have Susan's?

Reaction Score

Reggie that dude up. Punched in the mouth and insulted his mother

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Like this line - "And while they are both nice men, a benevolent stubbornness can become an outdated arrogance."

My only quibble was using the word "can", he should have used "has". That's the only explanation of that Wildcat call on 2nd down deep in Cuse territory.

Reaction Score
The only thing that burns my ass is the continued parroting of the " Warde won't fire 2 seasons in.". So tired of moronic acceptance of conventional wisdom that has no basis other than some lame ass assumption. If Warde doesn't fire these ass clowns, then you better put on a big red nose, because he's one too.

Reaction Score
Everyone and their brother nationally and in our conference knows what's going on with UConn. If we stand pat going into S Florida it will be mind boggleing. Are we paralyzed by the shock of the ineptitude? Good for Tim Fontenault for not denying what his eyes are seeing.

Reaction Score
Watch PP fire Don Brown....pull an Andy Reid and get rid of the coach on the wrong side of the ball.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
" As this season falls apart, UConn hasn't scored a single point in the second half since a touchdown midway through the third quarter against Buffalo. That's seven and a half quarters over four games in crunch time: Opponents 53, UConn 0."

Are you kidding me? How is that possible? Anyone want to tell me that's not an absolute failure of coaching, being able to adjust in game?

Reaction Score
Great closing: No longer can DeLeone continue to call for two runs to McCombs and an aspirin for Whitmer after he gets sacked on third and seven. It's clearly not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom