Iverson visiting today | The Boneyard

Iverson visiting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would love to get a commitment from him today as well. This would be probably the biggest recruiting week in UConn history if we got him to commit as well. I believe it's possible and we will see.

Reaction Score
I remember Calhoun did say that August would be big in regards to visits from recruits. Wonder if we will get any other commits this month.

Reaction Score
I really want Kuran in a Husky uniform. He has tons of talent, is local and can play several positions. Let's add Kuran, Samuel and XRM.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Two top 100 recruits in one week works for me. Seal the deal Susan!!

If you asked me two years ago about how'd I feel if our pres. took an active role in recruiting, I wouldn't have been thrilled, for a lot of reasons, but I'm okay with Herbst being involved.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
we have the potential to go 3 for 3 here wed/thur/fri with facey/iverson/sam. would be unreal!

Of course it would be followed by NCAA sanctions for excessive use of hip pins by a head coach. Not a rule you say? Well what the hell that hasn't stopped them before.

Reaction Score
Love this guys game and huge potential. Saw a ton of his games last year. Iverson & XRM both would move UConn to one of the top 3 classes for 2013 (with staying power) just like that.

Lets see what happens. One of the biggest recruiting years in the history of UConn basketball if they land both considering. Make or break with these 2! Its key to land that first fringe guy like Facey. Will the future of UConn hoops change with a blink of an eye????? If you are on the edge of a cliff and are falling back will Iverson and XRM come to the rescue???????? We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Supposubly Kuran Iverson didn't commit on his visit, per a source. However the staff did make a huge impression though.

U

UCONNfan1

Supposubly Kuran Iverson didn't commit on his visit, per a source. However the staff did make a huge impression though.
Well that's better than hearing he was not pleased that no JC was there to visit with him. Either way we have a lot of reasons to be hopeful. We will just have to wait and see.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score

You win the spelling bee?

Reaction Score
3UConn, where did you hear that the staff made a huge impression? What do you think our chances are with Iverson?

Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop tweeted this 2 hours ago "Kuran Iverson didn't commit to UConn on his visit today, a source tells Coast 2 Coast Hoops. "(The staff) made a huge impression though."

I retweeted this and I am @HuskyRecruiting on twitter.

After this visit today I feel we have a great chance. I have a feeling that he does have an offer even tough it may not be public or we just don't know. The fact that he is an in state kid helps us if we are even with another school. We will have a very good chance if Kentucky doesn't offer. I would love to get this kid.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reaction Score
A couple of questions on some other local players, are we actively recruiting Beaufort and Wilson-Frame? What is the interest and our chances with them?

Reaction Score
Wait. Did you change your handle from @UConnRecruiting to @HuskyRecruiting ? Hopefully you're not the 1 that's been on Twitter harrassing recruits that has shown any interest in UConn ...

Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop tweeted this 2 hours ago "Kuran Iverson didn't commit to UConn on his visit today, a source tells Coast 2 Coast Hoops. "(The staff) made a huge impression though."

After this visit today I feel we have a great chance. I have a feeling that he does have an offer even tough it may not be public or we just don't know. The fact that he is an in state kid helps us if we are even with another school. We will have a very good chance if Kentucky doesn't offer. I would love to get this kid.

Thanks man

Hate reading this "if Kentucky doesn't offer" everywhere... V frustrating... I do think cal will get his in the end though, most of what he touches turns to eventually... A few months ago he said something about how they should've won the year before too, and that's just stupid and arrogant... Many of the "best" teams don't win the championship (see uconn 2006) and they were far from the best team in 2011... Any decently intelligent and humble coach would never say such a thing about a championship decided in a one and done tourney.

My understanding is that kuran really likes CT and is not one of those recruits looking to "get away" from things... Hopefully this works in our favor. He's quite a unique player from the videos I've seen and people I know that are still in the area and get to his games. People say point forward but that usually doesn't translate in college.

I will also say that if he wants to commit this summer, Kentucky would be a bad decision. If you want to go there, you should wait til the college season is complete and it's clear where kentuckys current players will be next year.

Reaction Score
A couple of questions on some other local players, are we actively recruiting Beaufort and Wilson-Frame? What is the interest and our chances with them?
They have said that they are open to going to the same school as Kuran if that school gets him and are showing interest in them. Only problem they play the same position. Jared said we are showing strong interest. We are in Kaharis top 5.

Reaction Score
No offense, but after reading your twitter you really need to lay in the cut, you are going overboard with recruits on twitter.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Wait. Did you change your handle from @UConnRecruiting to @HuskyRecruiting ? Hopefully you're not the 1 that's been on Twitter harrassing recruits that has shown any interest in UConn ...

Agreed. Stay away from these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle