It's the offense. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's the offense.

Reaction Score
Good argument about our D.. but our O just makes way more mistakes, which limit their T.O.P. ... The other team's already scored... Our O isn't too good at playing from behind... IMO.. you can't go 2 or 3 3 and outs in a rown and you know your D will give up points... CFB is designed for offenses to score anyways (somebody else mentioned this in another thread.. I forget who)..... You gotta be able to score points.. move the football... HECK, MOVE THE CHAINS! (at the very least)... We're really bad maintaining they type of consistency... really bad...
I was on the side of the offense :) in this one and I agree. My most frustrating moment was the 4th and 5 that Rosa had I think last game but might have been the week before and he picks up 4.

We need to make these plays. Close is not good enough! And TR and his failure to run the ball when needed to pick up key yards is head scratcher… It’s like dude, one foot after the other and run!!!!!! He doesn’t and our offense walks off the field time after time. And the dropped passes - another thing I can’t deal with. These receivers who’s only job is to catch the ball and block, drop pass after pass and are nowhere to be seen on key blocks.

I sound like a broken record but I’ve said this over and over - we do not have the Oline or dependable receiving score to have a pocket passer. Anyone who straps the helmet playing QB has to be willing and able to run the ball.

TR isn’t the worst QB we’ve had but he isn’t someone who can lead our team to victories. When this nightmare of a season ends, time to work the portal or hope the incoming freshman is our next Dan O.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I had to laugh when I saw this post as my son and I had a spirited discussion about which is worse, our offense or defense.
They both tie at #2 after special teams.

Reaction Score
LOL!!!! A new one for my son and I to start arguing about after Saturdays’ game! Got to love this season!!!

Reaction Score
With the way it's looked most of the year, there's alot of truth in that statement. But I guess when you lose a AA kick returner (Brewton) and 2 other speed backs ( Houston - Carter) it didn't help matters. ( besides all the other mistakes made by the ST's).

Then again looking at what this OC was doing with them, who can blame em' for leaving. Since Charlton had a proficiency for smashing 175lb guys head first into his 7 OL rugby scrum formations that brought 8-9 defenders in the box. Instead of spreading out the field and giving his speed guys a chance to make the D miss in space. As his inept sets lead to all 3 getting injured last year and was sure to lead to more of the same. (PS I did like the "Rhino set" periodically, but only with a guy like Robert Burns or Jelani, who had a chance to move the pile)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom