It's not NIL or the roster, Jim | Page 7 | The Boneyard

It's not NIL or the roster, Jim

Reaction Score
Should've seen it coming. Everywhere he's been in his career, he's started out surprising and then fallen off the face of the earth.

Reaction Score
Definitely with the benefit of hindsight. I'm on the record here as not liking his patter from day one, but I could see how his mania would come across as energy and enthusiasm in an interview. In many ways, I think Pasqualoni was a worse "hire" in that there was ample evidence that he had issues as a head coach that were masked by Donovan McNabb. I definitely think he was a better evaluator of talent than Diaco.

Really, anyone of these "bad hires" wouldn't have killed the program, but three in a row put us in a huge hole to try to climb out of.

Warde just wanted to win a press conference. He and Suzie were a couple of frauds.

Reaction Score
Definitely with the benefit of hindsight. I'm on the record here as not liking his patter from day one, but I could see how his mania would come across as energy and enthusiasm in an interview. In many ways, I think Pasqualoni was a worse "hire" in that there was ample evidence that he had issues as a head coach that were masked by Donovan McNabb. I definitely think he was a better evaluator of talent than Diaco.

Really, anyone of these "bad hires" wouldn't have killed the program, but three in a row put us in a huge hole to try to climb out of.
Let's face it, hindsight is 20/20. Based on where he came from AND his 2nd year, very few thought it was a bad hire. It's easy to look back and mock the choice.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Oh gosh. You’re right. Everything is fine eith football. For the record, I’ve said I would not throw the baby out with the bath water. Mora needs a new OC, a DC and a new ST coach… you know for the record.
Why are we even throwing out the bathwater? You can sell that stuff nowadays.

Reaction Score
Next time we get a million dollar gift for something like a locker room we should put it into NIL instead.
This 100%.

We should look at NIL as an opportunity for UConn football. It might seem counterintuitive but NIL flattens the landscape. UConn doesn’t have a huge winning football tradition to sell to recruits, but if you show the money you can get good players. If that’s the only barrier now, well that’s much less than in the past. Of course I know it’s not easy to just come up with millions but we were doing that anyway funding all these facilities we built. The hockey team got a $48m arena for chrissakes. We can find $5-6m per year for football NIL (and probably for a good oc and dc). And once we get the players and start winning it’ll be easier to get more. Money follows success. And after a few winning seasons we should be attractive to a p4. Is this pie in the sky thinking? Maybe but I don’t think so. It’s just a matter of putting money in the right place.

Reaction Score
Yes the NIL does need to improve but it’s not an excuse. I would argue that Porter and Buckman were upgrades over Turner and Marion. What have Turner and Marion done this year, remember Marion dropping 7 balls in the bowl game.

As far as losing Carter sure it was a big loss but it’s a rb we havent lost overall production even after losing Houston. Carter on MSU is equivalent to Saquon on the Giants.

The offense is better currently then it was last year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Should've seen it coming. Everywhere he's been in his career, he's started out surprising and then fallen off the face of the earth.
He’s the king of mail it in and collect a big buyout when you get fired

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom