It's $17 Million AAC Exit Fee | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's $17 Million AAC Exit Fee

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UCF has much bigger fish to fry then they will find in the AAC. They have the #1 non-P5 football program in the country, a great fan base and a great location in Central FL. During the next round of conference expansion I would not be surprised if UCF is the top expansion candidate for both the BIG & Big 12, that is unless the SEC or ACC implement a preemptive strike to bring in UCF and keep the other conferences out of the lucrative southeastern market.

I have a better chance of marrying Beyonce than UCF has of getting invited to the Big10, ACC, or SEC :confused:

Reaction Score
I have a better chance of marrying Beyonce than UCF has of getting invited to the Big10, ACC, or SEC :confused:
So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance!

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lol for the B1G? Pretty much every school does.
A comment on the AAC. Just about every team in the conference has the ultimate goal of finding a way out of the AAC into a P5 conference. UConn certainly did, until they decided a move to the NBE was a better option.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A comment on the AAC. Just about every team in the conference has the ultimate goal of finding a way out of the AAC into a P5 conference. UConn certainly did, until they decided a move to the NBE was a better option.
Wanting to leave is distinctly different than having a place to go. The B1G in particular has some well defined and well know criteria for inviting a school to join them.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A better opyion or the only option?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wanting to leave is distinctly different than having a place to go. The B1G in particular has some well defined and well know criteria for inviting a school to join them.
Money will dictate the eventual expansion of one or more P5 conferences. Specifically, TV money amounting to 100’s of millions in revenue for top conferences will push P5’s to expand. The attraction of UCF to the B1G or Big12 is the expansion of TV revenue into the lucrative southeastern market where there are literally 100’s of thousands of retirees from the Midwest who love to watch college football in the fall.

As I indicated in a previous post, rather than ceding a foothold to either the B1G or Big12 in the Southeast, the ACC and/or SEC might just move to preemptively accept UCF and USF as well for membership.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Don't forget to throw the bouquet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A better opyion or the only option?
With FB in the toilet and the new AAC media deal greatly reducing UConn's market visibility something had to be done. Luckily it came together. Best news of the decade.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Money will dictate the eventual expansion of one or more P5 conferences. Specifically, TV money amounting to 100’s of millions in revenue for top conferences will push P5’s to expand. The attraction of UCF to the B1G or Big12 is the expansion of TV revenue into the lucrative southeastern market where there are literally 100’s of thousands of retirees from the Midwest who love to watch college football in the fall.

As I indicated in a previous post, rather than ceding a foothold to either the B1G or Big12 in the Southeast, the ACC and/or SEC might just move to preemptively accept UCF and USF as well for membership.
All B1G expansion previously has been to schools that are contiguous with its existing schools and AAU. UCF is neither. It is a bad fit for the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
The ACC already has Florida State & Miami, and the SEC has Florida. So they would be expanding into a TV market they're already in (no additional TV revenue, but they'd have to share what they already have with the newbies) just to keep the Big 12 away from the 2nd tier chumps?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
All B1G expansion previously has been to schools that are contiguous with its existing schools and AAU. UCF is neither. It is a bad fit for the Big Ten.
Well the contiguous thing has truly been stretched to the max with the addition of Nebraska & Rutgers. Maybe Wyoming will be next. Even if the B1G fails to look at expansion into FL, the Big12 has no such problem, as the addition of WV demonstrates.

Reaction Score
UCF a top candidate for the Big Ten, while UConn should join FCS? Why am I not surprised I'd hear such backwards stuff here?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom